Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
May as well forget scanning in
(12-02-2022, 05:38 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(12-02-2022, 05:22 PM)king1 Wrote: well it would appear you are just plain wrong then?
Sorry missed the bit in that release that said about maximum contact tracing?  Can you point that out to me?

And pretty sure I said 58000?
lol, you said half of 58,000, or are we backtracking on that one again as well... Can't take anything you say as verbatim can we? Now, where have I seen that sort of behaviour before?  Thinking

and you missed it because that was an article about TESTING not contact tracing...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(12-02-2022, 05:52 PM)king1 Wrote:
(12-02-2022, 05:38 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Sorry missed the bit in that release that said about maximum contact tracing?  Can you point that out to me?

And pretty sure I said 58000?
lol, you said half of 58,000, or are we backtracking on that one again as well... Can't take anything you say as verbatim can we? Now, where have I seen that sort of behaviour before?  Thinking

and you missed it because that was an article about TESTING not contact tracing...
No you see that is your poor reading comprehension.   I said they could PROCESS around half the tests actually taken of the 58000.
(12-02-2022, 07:49 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(12-02-2022, 05:52 PM)king1 Wrote: lol, you said half of 58,000, or are we backtracking on that one again as well... Can't take anything you say as verbatim can we? Now, where have I seen that sort of behaviour before?  Thinking

No you see that is your poor reading comprehension.   I said they could PROCESS around half the tests actually taken of the 58000.

fair point, not sure it really matters though, getting the tests must be the most important aspect... processing the tests is probably not quite as time critical.

Still curious how you know that 400 a day makes it "virtually impossible" to contact trace - was slightly distracted by the other conversation...  

i think its guesswork at best
at the point it turns exponential everything prior will seem insignificant
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(12-02-2022, 08:18 PM)king1 Wrote:
(12-02-2022, 07:49 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: No you see that is your poor reading comprehension.   I said they could PROCESS around half the tests actually taken of the 58000.

fair point, not sure it really matters though, getting the tests must be the most important aspect... processing the tests is probably not quite as time critical.

Still curious how you know that 400 a day makes it "virtually impossible" to contact trace - was slightly distracted by the other conversation...  
I have already said - it was previously reported that over 200 cases contact tracing struggled.  QED at over 400....
(12-02-2022, 08:44 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(12-02-2022, 08:18 PM)king1 Wrote: fair point, not sure it really matters though, getting the tests must be the most important aspect... processing the tests is probably not quite as time critical.

I have already said - it was previously reported that over 200 cases contact tracing struggled.  QED at over 400....
and that's old information, added hundreds more staff since, yada yada yada.  Time will tell no doubt...

(12-02-2022, 09:03 PM)king1 Wrote:
(12-02-2022, 08:44 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: I have already said - it was previously reported that over 200 cases contact tracing struggled.  QED at over 400....
and that's old information, added hundreds more staff since, yada yada yada.  Time will tell no doubt...
810 cases today.  You would need thousands to track that many peoples movements and I don't believe they have thousands doing that job.

This story from August 21 noting that with 1400 they were struggling to check all contacts:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/...nce-monday

This one from November revealing that numbers REDUCED:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/...ing-centre
looks like its going exponential now
tracing will be pointless except for stats
Scanning is pretty much pointless in places when Omicron is prevalent, but it would still be of use in towns/cities with few to no cases. I'm guessing that's where the contact tracing is more focused these days.

Of course, ultimately whatever we do is futile but that's no reason to simply roll over and submit. We ain't no yellow-bellies.
I intend to continue to scan in. It really is so little bother and it might be of some use
at some point, so better to keep up the habit.

I do wish my phone would recognise me wearing a mask though ...
Here is a quote from an actual contact tracer (addressed to an anti-scanner on Twitter):

"I'm a contact tracer, the way we are tracing has changed over the last week (I worked for 56 hours last week) it hasn't failed, it has succeeded. Omicron is unstoppable but we can slow it.

And stupid, ill informed, ignorant comments don't help.
Please scan."
i'll keep doing it until moh tells me otherwise
ive no background in such matters
(14-02-2022, 01:17 PM)Olive Wrote: Here is a quote from an actual contact tracer (addressed to an anti-scanner on Twitter):

"I'm a contact tracer, the way we are tracing has changed over the last week (I worked for 56 hours last week) it hasn't failed, it has succeeded. Omicron is unstoppable but we can slow it.

Please scan."
Hang on I  just found another quote from an actual contact tracer on Twitter:

"My God the system is collapsing.  We don't have enough people and the contact tracing system is less gold standard and more gold plated dog turds"

See how easy that was?

(14-02-2022, 01:38 PM)Magoo Wrote: i'll keep doing it until moh tells me otherwise
I think I have scanned about 5 times in 2 years.
(14-02-2022, 07:54 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(14-02-2022, 01:17 PM)Olive Wrote: Here is a quote from an actual contact tracer (addressed to an anti-scanner on Twitter):

Please scan."
Hang on I  just found another quote from an actual contact tracer on Twitter:

"My God the system is collapsing.  We don't have enough people and the contact tracing system is less gold standard and more gold plated dog turds"

See how easy that was?

(14-02-2022, 01:38 PM)Magoo Wrote: i'll keep doing it until moh tells me otherwise
home d, how much longer?
(14-02-2022, 08:09 PM)Magoo Wrote:
(14-02-2022, 07:54 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Hang on I  just found another quote from an actual contact tracer on Twitter:

See how easy that was?

home d, how much longer?
Only the government covid ones
Watched Dr Baker on TV the other day when he was asked why people should still scan if there is no longer contact tracing. He made a valiant effort to explain but you could tell even he was struggling to come up with really good reasons
(02-03-2022, 10:32 AM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Watched Dr Baker on TV the other day when he was asked why people should still scan if there is no longer contact tracing.  He made a valiant effort to explain but you could tell even he was struggling to come up with really good reasons
i cant either, but im not qualified to do so, and they dont answer to me so...
it really not a big deal is it, why make it one?
(02-03-2022, 10:44 AM)Magoo Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 10:32 AM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Watched Dr Baker on TV the other day when he was asked why people should still scan if there is no longer contact tracing.  He made a valiant effort to explain but you could tell even he was struggling to come up with really good reasons
i cant either, but im not qualified to do so, and they dont answer to me so...
it really not a big deal is it, why make it one?
When the expert struggles to give a really good reason do you think it could be time to stop doing it?
Not that I have really ever don't it of course.
still 1.5 million scans a day, I think there's still value in it for now...

dropped by a quarter in the last week
https://www.health.govt.nz/covid-19-nove...r-app-data

(02-03-2022, 11:08 AM)king1 Wrote: still 1.5 million scans a day, I think there's still value in it for now...

dropped by a quarter in the last week
https://www.health.govt.nz/covid-19-nove...r-app-data
Dropping quickly.  Explain the good reason?