Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What will it take?
the unvaxxed think its a punishment.
its not, its a health measure. if they choose to ignore it thats fine.
but for those of us who dont want to ignore the science/leadership the need to remain isolated from the unvaxxed is paramount. i dont believe for one minute that the odds of vaccine leading to significant health problems make it untenable. a little discomfort i exchange for what. i do not want to hear nit pick about this case or that case. one in millions. fact.
those who dont ignore the science cannot cater to the bottom 5%. sorry. i keep hearing about fair.
is it fair to compromise someone elses health? is it fair to hinder people going about their business with no finite end in sight?
After this protesting shit the publics mood has gone from ambivalence about the anti's, to dislike. they shot themselves in their unshod dirty foot.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
Just read this:
Asked why they didn't take up the offer to park at Sky Stadium, one protester said it was because their vehicles were part of the community. It was where they slept, prepared food, she said. "If we take these away it takes away what we've built."

Kita, who refused to give her full name, said she had been camping out along Bunny St near Parliament for the past week. She travelled down from Auckland with family, linking up with wider and family and friends. There were about 20 people in their group, from toddlers barely walking to grandparents.

Kita, 21, said she came down to stand up for the rights of her family younger than her, and for any children she might have in the future.

"I don't want any of them getting jabbed without their parents knowing," she said. When pressed that this was not happening, she said she thought it would happen one day and that she didn't trust the Government.

This is their mentality, god help their kids!
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
https://www.change.org/p/freedom-groups-...ons_browse
on tenterhooks here to find out how the protesters plan to keep us and our vulnerable safe if we remove the mandates.
whats the plan?
or is it just aimless bitching and whining and acting out from the perpetually victimised?
One bloke on the news tonight said:
“We are doing this for all of New Zealand”.

Well, mate here’s the thing, you and your mob certainly aint doing it for me.
I don’t want anything to do with your nutcase theories and your stupid convoy/protest.
Get vaccinated.
(15-02-2022, 06:08 PM)ObeWan Wrote: One bloke on the news tonight said:

I don’t want anything to do with your nutcase theories and your stupid convoy/protest.
Get vaccinated.
Exactly - they might give some thought to the fact that the majority of Kiwis are in favour of vaccination being mandatory, according to this poll.

https://www.1news.co.nz/2021/09/27/major...ompulsory/
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Doing it for all of New Zealand , how does he know, has he asked?
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(15-02-2022, 06:28 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:

Get vaccinated.
Exactly - they might give some thought to the fact that the majority of Kiwis are in favour of vaccination being mandatory, according to this poll.

whoa there nellie. mandatory vaccination?
held down and injected?
i dont think i can support that.
vaccine mandates yes, the science supports it, stay separated.
mandatory administration of anything into the body must be a choice.
not doing it has consequences for those, ie the need for vaccine passports, travel restrictions, stay the fuck at home losers.
forcing something into someones bloodstream would have its own consequences for us all, not just them.
i think that is a different conversation and one best not debated mid pandemic.
(15-02-2022, 06:28 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:

Get vaccinated.

The date of that report is September 27, 2021. It refers to Delta.

I think things have changed since then.
(15-02-2022, 07:58 PM)Bracken Wrote:
(15-02-2022, 06:28 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Exactly - they might give some thought to the fact that the majority of Kiwis are in favour of vaccination being mandatory, according to this poll.

you know of a later poll that we don't?  I haven't seen the entire mindset of NZ society change in the past three months.  Still the same minority whinging
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(15-02-2022, 07:58 PM)Bracken Wrote:
(15-02-2022, 06:28 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Exactly - they might give some thought to the fact that the majority of Kiwis are in favour of vaccination being mandatory, according to this poll.

no. nothings changed, we're still wrestling this bear.
its a controlled transition from pandemic returning to some normality
be awesome to say its over, but its not today and unlikely tomorrow either.

if you think attitudes have softened since Delta then sir you are sadly mistaken. too much time in certain echo chambers will do that.
if anything the protest has formented those who support the vaccines. it has confirmed to them the make up of those who would do us harm to make a point. worse than that a political point about a health matter. truly limited mental capacity. 
a three time loser ex president did the same thing in the usa. it cost a lot of lives. needlessly. lives of some of my friends and family.
you will find zero support from this quarter for any cessation of any aspect of the transition.
you say there isnt evidence of this and that. because this is new ground. are you happy to find out later what was right and what was wrong? we'll know for next time, this time we learn. you would rather learn by autopsy than try a cure?
some people already know everything there is to know, and are unteachable, far superior to us 'mainstream' folks. these scientists are the reason we need mandates in the first place.

funny to me that the extremists and flat earthers call it the 'mainstream media'. to us its just the media, all of it. like the alternative is better because its the alternative. 

still waiting on the platform of ideas and proposals the protesters have so eloquently offered as credible alternatives to mandates. we wouldnt have to 'mandate' anything if it wasnt for these wowsers.

im going to be waiting until im a cobweb covered corpse arent i?

often haiku offers comfort and solace during these difficult times.

the garden grows on
weeds choking flowers and fruit
war against what might be
(15-02-2022, 09:40 PM)Magoo Wrote:
(15-02-2022, 07:58 PM)Bracken Wrote: The date of that report is September 27, 2021. It refers to Delta.

no. nothings changed, we're still wrestling this bear.
its a controlled transition from pandemic returning to some normality
be awesome to say its over, but its not today and unlikely tomorrow either.

if you think attitudes have softened since Delta then sir you are sadly mistaken. too much time in certain echo chambers will do that.
if anything the protest has formented those who support the vaccines. it has confirmed to them the make up of those who would do us harm to make a point. worse than that a political point about a health matter. truly limited mental capacity. 
a three time loser ex president did the same thing in the usa. it cost a lot of lives. needlessly. lives of some of my friends and family.
you will find zero support from this quarter for any cessation of any aspect of the transition.
you say there isnt evidence of this and that. because this is new ground. are you happy to find out later what was right and what was wrong? we'll know for next time, this time we learn. you would rather learn by autopsy than try a cure?
some people already know everything there is to know, and are unteachable, far superior to us 'mainstream' folks. these scientists are the reason we need mandates in the first place.

funny to me that the extremists and flat earthers call it the 'mainstream media'. to us its just the media, all of it. like the alternative is better because its the alternative. 

still waiting on the platform of ideas and proposals the protesters have so eloquently offered as credible alternatives to mandates. we wouldnt have to 'mandate' anything if it wasnt for these wowsers.

im going to be waiting until im a cobweb covered corpse arent i?

often haiku offers comfort and solace during these difficult times.

the garden grows on
weeds choking flowers and fruit
war against what might be

"then sir you are sadly mistaken" - it is a mistake to address me as "sir".

"you say there isnt evidence of this and that" - I did not say anything of the kind.
(15-02-2022, 08:18 PM)king1 Wrote:
(15-02-2022, 07:58 PM)Bracken Wrote: The date of that report is September 27, 2021. It refers to Delta.

you know of a later poll that we don't?  I haven't seen the entire mindset of NZ society change in the past three months.  Still the same minority whinging

NZ Herald poll, "Do you support the protesters in Wellington?" 49% agree.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-19-c...IJC6V3J7U/
(16-02-2022, 07:40 AM)Bracken Wrote:
(15-02-2022, 08:18 PM)king1 Wrote: you know of a later poll that we don't?  I haven't seen the entire mindset of NZ society change in the past three months.  Still the same minority whinging

NZ Herald poll, "Do you support the protesters in Wellington?" 49% agree.

well as surprising as that is, it isn't really asking the same question.  and a poll taken by viewers of a single right leaning media organisation is hardly representative of NZ, especially if word of the poll was promoted by and to the protesters themselves. Not a huge stretch of the imagination is it?  Not really up there with a Colmar Brunton poll is it?

the anti everythings have been sporting wood on social media.
theyre all stiffied up thinking its the great reset! fucken demented morons.
this is also part of the whole delusional psyche theyve adopted.
they think they represent a majority, that they are the sharp end of a wedge.
they think theyre heroes, freedom fighters ffs. *snort*
they think they are leading a groundswell in public opinion. they arent. they dont.
they will not affect change, its a fools errand.
(16-02-2022, 07:40 AM)Bracken Wrote: NZ Herald poll, "Do you support the protesters in Wellington?" 49% agree.

Hey Bracken, quick word, never use an internet poll to prove anything.
(16-02-2022, 07:53 AM)king1 Wrote:
(16-02-2022, 07:40 AM)Bracken Wrote: NZ Herald poll, "Do you support the protesters in Wellington?" 49% agree.

well as surprising as that is, it isn't really asking the same question.  and a poll taken by viewers of a single right leaning media organisation is hardly representative of NZ, especially if word of the poll was promoted by and to the protesters themselves. Not a huge stretch of the imagination is it?  Not really up there with a Colmar Brunton poll is it?

(16-02-2022, 08:19 AM)yousnoozeyoulose Wrote:

Hey Bracken, quick word, never use an internet poll to prove anything.

"Not really up there with a Colmar Brunton poll"
" never use an internet poll "

- type of poll wasn't stipulated in the post by king1

" right leaning media organisation " - king1, can you give an example of a left-leaning media organisation?
(16-02-2022, 08:53 AM)Bracken Wrote:
(16-02-2022, 07:53 AM)king1 Wrote: well as surprising as that is, it isn't really asking the same question.  and a poll taken by viewers of a single right leaning media organisation is hardly representative of NZ, especially if word of the poll was promoted by and to the protesters themselves. Not a huge stretch of the imagination is it?  Not really up there with a Colmar Brunton poll is it?

(16-02-2022, 08:19 AM)yousnoozeyoulose Wrote: Hey Bracken, quick word, never use an internet poll to prove anything.

" right leaning media organisation " - king1, can you give an example of a left-leaning media organisation?
Stuff

(16-02-2022, 09:17 AM)king1 Wrote:
(16-02-2022, 08:53 AM)Bracken Wrote: "Not really up there with a Colmar Brunton poll"

Stuff

I see.
Thank you Smile
(16-02-2022, 09:17 AM)king1 Wrote: Bracken

Stuff
Stuff?   The publisher of John Bishop's reckons among many other right wingers?   

The only even mildly left-leaning Aotearoa publisher I can think of is The Spinoff