Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What will it take?
My guess is they're waiting for covid to run rampant through the bunch of them, then they'll all crawl back to their homes and beds. 

Not good form saying that but I wouldn't be surprised if that's the strategy, but it's a win win for all...
  • Police avoid the use of force...
  • Government get a big resounding 'Told you so' to validate the mandates
  • Protesters get a big resounding dose of reality 
  • Wellingtonians get their city back
  • All the idiots that protesters have been getting their (mis)information from get discredited...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(20-02-2022, 04:57 PM)Magoo Wrote: 2am, electricity off, music up  ac/dc
500 officers with night vision enter the site and arrest and cuff at least three people each.
tasers ok, nightsticks as a reasonable defence.
tippy toe in
shock and awe over before it starts.
even the media miss out
wake up to game over
nothing concrete on film too dark
no protesters to interview.
clean.

or
infiltrate the protesters to the point you closely number them.
send in the uniforms and let the ones inside to assist as needed.
stealthy
The first option is brilliant.   How does the insurrectionists' electricity work?   I assume they have generators that could be disabled.
PM too busy planting trees with kids to "Woman Up" and show some leadership. Not cut out for the job, looked like a scared little lamb when the subject was breached with her.
i lol'd when i read this in stuff this morning.
someones getting urges

Quote:The primal focus should not be on blame on police, it should be on the people who caused the problem, Ardern said.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
The Prime Minister says anti-mandate protesters occupying Parliament have made their point and it is "time to go home".

WoW I bet the protesters are shaking in their boots after such a threat being made by the Prime Minister  Big Grin
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
Concrete barriers have been installed by police at key roads in an effort to contain protest activity.
Fair enough vehicles wont be able to get through but Oh look they have left gaps in them so protesters can.

There's a deeply ugly side to the alleged protesters. As well as being obviously very gullible & ignorant, some of them also appear to have some very warped ideas.
I think we need to do a far better job of teaching schoolkids about the holocaust.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/1278311...e-protests
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
It's funny when people with labouring jobs and the like think they suddenly know more than someone with a medical degree.
(19-02-2022, 03:48 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(19-02-2022, 02:02 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: If you want to make the protesters go away, just listen to them!
FFS, all they need to to is listen, even if the govt doesnt agree, just listen to their concerns and acknowledge them.
At least David Seymour talked to them like a civilised person.

Should be noted that there are several groups there with different agendas, but putting any crackpot beliefs aside, most of them are sharing the same anti-mandate views and thats something that should be worked on as a common interest.

Even Heather Du Plessis Allan agrees, the same person not long ago giving the unvaxxed a hard time for not taking the jab.
Pro-choice is the key here.
If there were no mandates, perhaps these people would still have a job and be at work rather than protesting outside parliament!
https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/on-air/heat...VASMXcGht4
Most of us are well aware that they're anti mandate. And that there are several different groups. And that some have been abusing passers by & causing traffic problems, & what's worse shown either ignorance, disrespect or both by using a section of the Cenotaph to set up  either a toilet or shower. Dodgy

They cannot seem to grasp that, while no one wants the mandate, there simply isn't another option - unless we want covid to spread even faster & further.

Those protesting might do well to look at recent history, in particular the effects of polio & TB & the rate of infections in earlier times compared to today.

My parents remember TB very well, and dont recall there ever being any mandates.
At least that vaccine worked, this one doesnt "work" to any degree for omicron.
I dont know of any other vaccine program in history that claims its only protection will make you "less sick". A "filthy" unvaxxed person is no more at risk of transmitting omicron to others than a vaxxed person is.
Michael Baker recently said on the TV (ironically as a correction to David Seymour) that the vaccine is 3% effective against omicron when Seymour was saying it wasnt "effective"
3% is neither here nor there, what a joke.
I got an email from act yesterday saying how the efficacy of the vaccine makes the mandates absolutely pointless.
We now have both Luxon and Seymour both asking Jacinda on making a path forward to dropping the mandates.
Time to end the mandates and unite NZ back.
No more star belly sneetches. Dr Seuss was on to something.
(22-02-2022, 10:13 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(19-02-2022, 03:48 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Most of us are well aware that they're anti mandate. And that there are several different groups. And that some have been abusing passers by & causing traffic problems, & what's worse shown either ignorance, disrespect or both by using a section of the Cenotaph to set up  either a toilet or shower. Dodgy

They cannot seem to grasp that, while no one wants the mandate, there simply isn't another option - unless we want covid to spread even faster & further.

Those protesting might do well to look at recent history, in particular the effects of polio & TB & the rate of infections in earlier times compared to today.

My parents remember TB very well, and dont recall there ever being any mandates.
I dont know of any other vaccine program in history that claims its only protection will make you "less sick". A "filthy" unvaxxed person is no more at risk of transmitting omicron to others than a vaxxed person is.
Michael Baker recently said on the TV (ironically as a correction to David Seymour) that the vaccine is 3% effective against omicron when Seymour was saying it wasnt "effective"
I got an email from act yesterday saying how the efficacy of the vaccine makes the mandates absolutely pointless.
We now have both Luxon and Seymour both asking Jacinda on making a path forward to dropping the mandates.
Very likely there wasn't a mandate for Measles, Polio or TB because people then had sufficient common sense to understand the damage those diseases could do & wanted themselves & their whanau protected against them as far as possible.

What they didn't have to contend with was idiots pushing half-baked ideas & blatantly misinforming large groups of gullible people via the internet.
Dodgy

Fairly obviously, some protection is better then none whatsoever.  One of that lot at the beehive had a sign claiming 'natural immunity' is approximately 94% (I think it was) effective against covid. 

With all due respect ACT had slipped down in the polls & David Seymour may say all manner of things.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(19-02-2022, 03:48 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Most of us are well aware that they're anti mandate. And that there are several different groups. And that some have been abusing passers by & causing traffic problems, & what's worse shown either ignorance, disrespect or both by using a section of the Cenotaph to set up  either a toilet or shower. Dodgy

so the vax doesnt work for omicron? youre saying then that it did for Covid 19, and delta?
because i seem to recall that being a major factor in not vaxxing before. now your saying it was effective for those but not this? when the next variant comes will it be the go to response now? its not covered, it offers no protection?

as for dr baker this and nitpick this and that what a lot of drivel. neither seymore, nor luxon or jacinda know dick about epidemiology, how many fucking times does it have to be said. its not political, its medical, they take advice from the professionals.

to be an expert after a few youtube videos, some twitter and plenty of lies seems to outweigh the 9 years of study and effort to get a medical doctorate.

arrogant amateur internet experts, confirming what we already knew. dumber than shit.

I'm not sure I buy that, you sure he wasn't talking about the testing positivity rate which has climbed close to 3%.
From what I can see he is still staunchly advocating vaccines to halt the spread.

can you provide a link to the article?

Maybe you're referring to this little gem, which would make your comment somewhat out of context?
Quote:David Seymour: Given my critics admit that two shots some time ago makes little difference to transmission now, but boosters do (3rd to last paragraph)
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-19-e...XMRYESX5M/

I would rather be triple vaxxed of which I am than not be vaxxed at all , yes you can still get covid and pass it on if your vaxxed but you have less chance of being in hospital or ICU and less chance of being seriously ill ,if your not vaxxed yes you can catch covid yes you can pass it on yes you can get seriously ill but then the kicker is .... you could die. Being vaxxed you stand less chance of dying.
i would rather be triple vaxxed and find out it was useless
at least i tried.
(22-02-2022, 01:15 PM)Magoo Wrote: i would rather be triple vaxxed and find out it was useless
at least i tried.
Same,  I think the point that was being made in the article is that you definitely need the third shot to maintain a level of protection.
If you had your double dose months ago, and neglected the booster,  the protection level is significantly lower...

and I suspect C_T_Russell is referring to the double dose months ago vaccine protection, not the up to date with boosters vaccine...  Changes the context quite a bit doesn't it?  I wait with anticipation the link to come...

from what I hear on the news tonight some of the protesters and police are testing positive for Covid, number of protesters onsite is now falling

I feel for the cops that have caught it but as far as Im concerned let it rip through as many protesters as it likes!
It probably had to happen sooner or later - hope they've realised in time to prevent spreading it further.
(23-02-2022, 05:43 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: I feel for the cops that have caught it but as far as Im concerned let it rip through as many protesters as it likes!
Let it rip?   Then what happens when they all go home and spread it around.   It's happening already.
(23-02-2022, 06:33 PM)Olive Wrote:
(23-02-2022, 05:43 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: I feel for the cops that have caught it but as far as Im concerned let it rip through as many protesters as it likes!
Let it rip?   Then what happens when they all go home and spread it around.   It's happening already.
Its going to go through the country whether we like it or not so as I say let it rip, its not going to make any difference at all, as people are saying we are all going to know someone who has it or we will have it ourselves.