Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The end has been delayed
Cut off time for the Trademe messageboards is now March 3rd.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/community/anno...rd-changes
I wonder why.
"Complications behind the scenes". If I had to guess I'd say that because the messageboard software is very outdated it's a big job to modify it.
No delete button? ?
(24-02-2020, 03:58 PM)s.monkey Wrote: "Complications behind the scenes". If I had to guess I'd say that because the messageboard software is very outdated it's a big job to modify it.
That would be it. They probably didn't check with the programmers before the first announcement.
(24-02-2020, 03:58 PM)s.monkey Wrote: "Complications behind the scenes". If I had to guess I'd say that because the messageboard software is very outdated it's a big job to modify it.
  just delete the whole trademe  site...
They had the "Go Nuclear" option with banning members - cant see why it would be hard to "ban" threads in the same manner.
(24-02-2020, 06:19 PM)Gammy Wrote: They had the "Go Nuclear" option with banning members - cant see why it would be hard to "ban" threads in the same manner.

Threads maybe, but entire sections? Depends when they built it if they ever thought they might need to do it.
lol, im amazed it would be that difficult lol, Im pretty sure they managed to add categories at the flick of a switch in the past. They should upgrade to myBB like we have got here Big Grin
(24-02-2020, 07:31 PM)Admin Wrote:
lol, im amazed it would be that difficult lol, Im pretty sure they managed to add categories at the flick of a switch in the past. They should upgrade to myBB like we have got here Big Grin

Haha true. Maybe they added an "add" function but not a "delete" one Tongue Nothing would surprise me.
IIRC, TM upgraded it about 10 years ago, and not much else has been done to it. TM has changed hands since then and they likely don't have the guy who built it working for them anymore lol
It does have that 'nailed together' look about it compared to this place Confused
I actually prefer the simple style of the TM boards.
Yep, I do too.

Once TM do get rid of the boards that are going, it will be a bit of a pain to have to remember that I can't just nip across the hallway to post (I'm there, because I trade), that I have to go out my front door, and walk half a block up the street, to get here.
If you bookmark this website, it's just one click to get here.. which is the same amount of clicks it takes to get to the Trademe boards Smile
And you can keep another tab open at the same time and if your login details are saved in your browser it makes it easier.
I keep a lot of tabs open. Probably too many.
And the exercise is good for us?
(24-02-2020, 09:42 PM)s.monkey Wrote: If you bookmark this website, it's just one click to get here.. which is the same amount of clicks it takes to get to the Trademe boards Smile
Yeah, I know. 
Got used to the convenience of the boards being in the same place as I work.
No complaints. Am happy to click once to be here. Big Grin
(25-02-2020, 10:38 AM)lindymf55 Wrote:
(24-02-2020, 09:42 PM)s.monkey Wrote: If you bookmark this website, it's just one click to get here.. which is the same amount of clicks it takes to get to the Trademe boards Smile
Yeah, I know. 
Got used to the convenience of the boards being in the same place as I work.
No complaints. Am happy to click once to be here. Big Grin

It's a right pain in the rear end to be left hanging while they sort out their "Complications"

I went to my chrome settings and add the tab to my current pages on start up so it's there with all the other tabs I have open lol
Crab2