Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We have bought an electric car!
Volkswagen still have TBC on their website for the launch date for their EVs in NZ

Type of thing my cuzzies would buy. I'll let them try the electric VWs first.

https://www.volkswagen.co.nz/en/new-cars...amily.html
Whatever way you go it will cost you money - no free lunch. The depreciation factor on a decent EV is a cost many EV owners seem to forget, their eyes seem to be only on the prize of how much they are saving in fuel costs.
(21-02-2022, 01:22 AM)mike Wrote: Whatever way you go it will cost you money - no free lunch. The depreciation factor on a decent EV is a cost many EV owners seem to forget, their eyes seem to be only on the prize of how much they are saving in fuel costs.
I fail to see the point here.
All vehicles depreciate to some extent. I have purchased new ICE vehicles in the past which have massively depreciated and the scarce few which have done so only marginally.
Purchase a luxury European vehicle and the depreciation will make your eyes water!
 I would suggest any vehicle owner of any motive power, seeking your “free lunch” would probably be left bitterly disappointed in that regard.
Driving an EV, is not purely about fuel savings either, although that is welcome now fuel is above $3 per litre, it is also about one’s personal choices.
(21-02-2022, 11:51 AM)ObeWan Wrote:
(21-02-2022, 01:22 AM)mike Wrote: Whatever way you go it will cost you money - no free lunch. The depreciation factor on a decent EV is a cost many EV owners seem to forget, their eyes seem to be only on the prize of how much they are saving in fuel costs.
I fail to see the point here.
All vehicles depreciate to some extent. I have purchased new ICE vehicles in the past which have massively depreciated and the scarce few which have done so only marginally.
Purchase a luxury European vehicle and the depreciation will make your eyes water!
 I would suggest any vehicle owner of any motive power, seeking your “free lunch” would probably be left bitterly disappointed in that regard.
Driving an EV, is not purely about fuel savings either, although that is welcome now fuel is above $3 per litre, it is also about one’s personal choices.
A decent new EV is twice the price of a new petrol vehicle so inherently more to lose on depreciation.
(21-02-2022, 01:44 PM)mike Wrote:
(21-02-2022, 11:51 AM)ObeWan Wrote: I fail to see the point here.
All vehicles depreciate to some extent. I have purchased new ICE vehicles in the past which have massively depreciated and the scarce few which have done so only marginally.
I would suggest any vehicle owner of any motive power, seeking your “free lunch” would probably be left bitterly disappointed in that regard.
A decent new EV is twice the price of a new petrol vehicle so inherently more to lose on depreciation.
Another inaccurate generalisation.
A new Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar, Range Rover, Porsche, etc, etc, etc, twice the price (and more) of our mid price range (decent) ev so inherently more to lose.
People can spend as much or as little as they personally wish on a vehicle, so this depreciation nonsense is irrelevant and frankly exactly the epitome of the “hate” I spoke about in my original post folks.
(21-02-2022, 01:58 PM)ObeWan Wrote:
(21-02-2022, 01:44 PM)mike Wrote: A decent new EV is twice the price of a new petrol vehicle so inherently more to lose on depreciation.
Another inaccurate generalisation.
A new Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar, Range Rover, Porsche, etc, etc, etc, twice the price (and more) of our mid price range (decent) ev so inherently more to lose.
People can spend as much or as little as they personally wish on a vehicle, so this depreciation nonsense is irrelevant and frankly exactly the epitome of the “hate” I spoke about in my original post folks.

Have a cup of tea. My post was balanced with saying whatever way you go it will cost you money.

Whose talking Porsches lol talking about average kiwi motoring with a 30K new petrol car Vs a 60K Tesla.
What's the real rub here ? Are you starting to think you made a bad choice or something with getting so hot under the collar, overly sensitive. If you are happy with your choice why care what others think ? Word of advice, you will get nowhere on forums with your opening line. Debate.

(21-02-2022, 03:29 PM)ObeWan Wrote: This post by ObeWan has been deleted.
Is that why you typed out two lengthy posts

Put three teaspoons of sugar in your cup of tea as you need sweetening up.
[Removed: Rule 2A]
Well you finally got one bit correct.
I don’t give a rats rear what you think.
Each to their own...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(21-02-2022, 03:40 PM)king1 Wrote: Each to their own...
Exactly.
Bring on the depreciation ! It makes the price of an EV cheaper for everyone.
(21-02-2022, 04:29 PM)Zurdo Wrote: Bring on the depreciation ! It makes the price of an EV cheaper for everyone.
Yes far to dear at present. Someone else's lost is someone else's gain.