Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Facebook Messenger
I deactivated my Facebook messenger quite a while ago, but use messenger when I want to send photos etc. Yesterday I reactivated Facebook briefly to check something and deactivated it again. Since then communicating with 2 people a problem has arisen. I can message one friend but they get the message 'this person is unavailable on messenger' so unable to reply. Another friend it is in reverse, they can message me, but I get the message above and cannot reply. No one has blocked anyone. Has anyone else experienced this or know of a remedy. I am almost considering deleting Facebook and Messenger altogether, but have family and friends that use it, so not quite ready for that yet.
try re-activating Facebook and see if the problem goes away?
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(22-02-2022, 12:01 PM)king1 Wrote: try re-activating Facebook and see if the problem goes away?
I have done that actually, and it is still activated while I see if the problem can be solved.
another that could help, is changing your password, and also signing out of everything facebook/messenger, then signing in again...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Thanks, I will try that.

(22-02-2022, 01:27 PM)Magenta69 Wrote: Thanks, I will try that.
Thankyou so much, changed my password, logged out and in again and the message is gone from the friend it didn't allow me to respond too. Hopefully will have fixed it the other way too, but can't check that just now.
Strangely enough the other person was unable to message me but could call. I dont want to bother them again just now, so will leave it and see what happens. Interested to know if anyone else has experienced this.
I haven't had the kind of problem that you describe, but in the past week I've had weird difficulties opening my FB page on mobile devices. The desktop is okay, but phone and tablet have given odd messages like "your session has expired". I'm not too concerned because I don't really use FB much, and if I go back and try again several hours later it's okay.

One aspect of Messenger is that having different messaging sessions with different groups of people seems to result in losing some of the threads. No idea why, I had just assumed that maybe a member of a group had deleted something, but I don't really know.

FB is weird, I wouldn't rely on it for important communications.
I am not keen on Facebook which is why I deactivated it, however many family and friends are and use messenger. I have gone onto signal messenger as a family member who works in IT says it is a lot safer and I hope to encourage others to join so I can leave Facebook completely.