Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I was wrong
i thought mr putin was just posturing, playing a bit of brinksmanship.
hes rolled his peeps in and blitzkreiging the ukranians.
be all over by tea time?
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
Not sending any troops into ukraine was a big mistake on behalf of Nato, he will bulldoze his way to Kiev and then they will never get rid of him...  presumably they had a good reason for not doing so...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
putin knows if ukraine goes nato it will be lost to mother russia forever.
maybe a bit of 'not on my watch' attitude?
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(25-02-2022, 07:35 AM)Magoo Wrote: i thought mr putin was just posturing, playing a bit of brinksmanship.
hes rolled his peeps in and blitzkreiging the ukranians.
be all over by tea time?

Hardly! Why do you think the Russians wanted to take Chernobyl?
I think it's obvious - a warning to Europe and NATO not to strike back.

Putin is a madman, he's been planning this for a long time.
If NATO has sent in troops they would be in the same boots as Russia. Invasion is invasion, as America should well know.

Btw, I don't think Putin is any madder than any other empire building political leader. He is just out of step with current social fashions on the subject. Used to be Empire Building was anyone's favourite sport...

Till the locals got active and stopped all that silliness.
(25-02-2022, 08:27 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: If NATO has sent in troops they would be in the same boots as Russia. Invasion is invasion, as America should well know.
I was assuming Ukraine would have welcomed/invited them...  be surprising if they didn't

NY Times have a nice map of the attack
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2022...-maps.html

Looks fairly comprehensive, the attack that is...

The Russians sound to have taken control of an airport/air base close to Kiev (though the Ukrainians are counterattacking that) which give the Russians a landing point for troops and machinery to seize Kiev. https://www.rnz.co.nz/national/programme...t-responds

Well planned and executed attack by the sounds. This will not end well.
Bear in mind all the locals delighted to welcome in the friendly troops... Who they later found way too hard to farewell.
(25-02-2022, 09:16 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Bear in mind all the locals delighted to welcome in the friendly troops... Who they later found way too hard to farewell.
By the reports of mass evacuation and people moving into bomb shelters I doubt most of the Ukrainian population regard the invading Russian troops as friendly. Sad
Can understand old Poo In A Tin wanting Ukraine with Russia being the smallest country in the world.
LMS - amazes me how so common for these little men to end up in positions of power and act like little man Hitler. Give all baby boys steroids as soon as they come out of the womb so some do not end up with a chip on their shoulder.

Got me miffed why not more love in the world by now when Buddah, Gandhi, Bob Marley etc gave great wisdom on the subject a long time ago. The old ego.
There was a photo somewhere showing Russian troops in the back of an army lorry - they were just boys, heading out to kill their fellow boys.
That, or be killed

It will be a thing of wonder the day humans overcome the madness of war.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(25-02-2022, 07:59 AM)king1 Wrote: Not sending any troops into ukraine was a big mistake on behalf of Nato, he will bulldoze his way to Kiev and then they will never get rid of him...  presumably they had a good reason for not doing so...

I think so too, i can only assume they are afraid of being nuked by russia.
Only makes the west look more weak to russia and putin will try his best to expand and take back former soviet states, some which are now part of NATO.
Dunno if he would be that stupid to do so, but that would definitely mean WW3 is on the cards.
Some think he's likely to grab Kyiv, the Ukrainian capital. It must be terrifying for Ukrainians. There's a Ukrainian woman who often posts on FB, I hope she'll be OK.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56720589
"Russia has refused to say if it seeks to overthrow Ukraine's democratically elected government, although it believes that ideally Ukraine should be "freed, cleansed of the Nazis". Mr Putin spoke of bringing to court "those who committed numerous bloody crimes against civilians".
It was a thinly veiled hint and by invading from Belarus and seizing Antonov airport close to the outskirts of Kyiv, there is little doubt that the capital is well within his sights.
These are terrifying times for the people of Ukraine and horrifying for the rest of the continent, witnessing a major power invading a European neighbour for the first time since World War Two."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60509493
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(25-02-2022, 11:10 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: There was a photo somewhere showing Russian troops in the back of an army lorry - they were just boys, heading out to kill their fellow boys.
That, or be killed

That says alot about the shape of their military.
The nazis only had boys left at the end of WW2
Who friggin knows could be plants by the USA all the footage we seeing, probably not but hey the yanks have done some dodgy shite before. Their president wouldn't know if it breakfast or tea time. Are we seeing any Russian news footage ?

So he wants Ukraine for better future defence but is going to risk starting WW3 in the process, is Putin really that dumb ?
(25-02-2022, 02:13 PM)nzoomed Wrote:
(25-02-2022, 11:10 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: There was a photo somewhere showing Russian troops in the back of an army lorry - they were just boys, heading out to kill their fellow boys.
That, or be killed

That says alot about the shape of their military.
The nazis only had boys left at the end of WW2
These didn't look older than 17 or 18, poor little sods.
On the Ukrainian Border....

[Image: 5063.jpg.c9cb0b618b38ba8b263c16d0a6bbdec0.jpg]
Ohh, poor wee cat. What a shame humans are such idiots.
Just seen Putin on The News. Real deal what's happening then. So many frightened people because of one maniac.