Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
a lifetime of service
and dr bloomfield is retiring his post.
standing ovation at the press conference im told.

i have tremendous respect for the man.
understated, calm, rational, confident. well spoken
he might have the best record on the planet for dealing with covid.
there wouldnt be many health tsars out there with a better record.

we couldnt have had a better person at the helm during this pandemic imo.
thanks doc, for a job well done.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
We have been very lucky, to have someone like Ashley Bloomfield in charge. He deserves a good holiday.
I do have other cameras!
(06-04-2022, 04:46 PM)Praktica Wrote: We have been very lucky, to have someone like Ashley Bloomfield in charge. He deserves a good holiday.
once again we lucked out as a country by having the right people in the right places.
be nice if we could put it down to intuitive management but luck will do.
He did good. He did his job and he did well. Definitely time to put the legs up and have a break.

And I see that Dr Caroline 'the Irish woman' McElnay is going as well. We'll assume it's not because of something coming. "Hey guys, it turns out we were kinda just making up the numbers, in fact Covid isn't real, it was part of a movie cross-promotion that got a little out of hand. It's our bad. We cool?"
I think they both got unbearable levels of online criticism and trolling, along with the applause. They both did extremely good jobs, and were well recompensed, but no salary can compensate for the shit they must have had to quietly endure.
Yep a difficult job done well. It could have been considerably worse, too, we could have had someone like Boris in charge of things.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(06-04-2022, 06:45 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I think they both got unbearable levels of online criticism and trolling, along with the applause. They both did extremely good jobs, and were well recompensed, but no salary can compensate for the shit they must have had to quietly endure.
the anti arseholes have much to answer for.
there was never any need for that shit.
all is not forgiven of the arrogant antisocial antivax set.
I just don't get nastiness these days, I must be getting old. I can give it back when motivated, but somehow it always seems such a waste of energy.