Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Pirate boat" arrives, crossed Cook Strait
Deluded people still arriving, apparently more intend to cross the strait which is foolhardy to say the least. The strait is one of the most treacherous in the world.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/1278792...thour-trip

"Earlier, Maritime New Zealand said it was aware of a number of vessels with protesters aboard leaving Picton on Friday morning, but it was not yet known how many.
Nigel Clifford, Maritime NZ deputy director safety and response systems, said anyone planning on making the journey should be aware the Cook Strait could be a very dangerous stretch of water.
Maritime NZ believed those navigating the vessels were ensuring passengers had life jackets, had correct communication tools and were checking weather forecasts.
Clifford said Cook Strait was forecast to get rougher through the afternoon.

Meanwhile, a large cluster of Covid-19 cases at the anti-mandate occupation was likely, given the close quarters protesters are in and the lack of masks, Health Minister Andrew Little said.
“I expect there will be a lot of people there who do get symptoms but won’t get tested because they don’t want to concede to the existence of Covid, but there will be some, particularly some of the older folks there who could get quite unwell.”

He said those who do need hospital or medical care would always be able to regardless of vaccine status and should seek it out if they need to."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
hopefully there is a decent swell and they all get sea sick
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
fire a couple of salvos across the bow
should turn them around.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
Sea sickness might be a good idea - they might turn around & go back.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)