Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The STAT command did not succeed
The STAT command did not succeed. Error getting message number and sizes. Mail server pop.gmail.com responded: Invalid credentials.
I was mucking around trying to log on to Google to open a new account to get my new to me,ZTE Blade A330 ,cell phone to work ,gave up ,apparently only the old owner can open this second hand phone ",verification from previous sync device" which i don't have and cannot get ,so is that a wasted purchase ?...
.... any way back to my question ,,How do i get rid of this message on my mail , "The STAT command did not succeed. Error getting message number and sizes. Mail server pop.gmail.com responded: Invalid credentials." its beginning to be annoying ,every time i open mail ,there it is ....Help... thanks
invalid credentials is either a bad user name or password in the settings. is this on the phone or another device?

The other way you might see it is if "allow less secure apps" is OFF in your Google Account , Security settings - pretty much anything using pop will need it ON
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(25-02-2022, 07:24 PM)king1 Wrote: invalid credentials is either a bad user name or password in the settings.  is this on the phone or another device?

The other way you might see it is if "allow less secure apps" is OFF in your Google Account , Security settings - pretty much anything using pop will need it ON
IM using my laptop win 7 pro ,monzilla  thunderbird /Gmail ,firefox .
message im trying to get rid of is on the Laptop
i dont know how to get to settings  to get rid of message..thanks
Thunderbird settings for email account are in Tools -> Accounts

less secure apps settings are here - Checking this will also allow you to verify your password is correct
https://myaccount.google.com/security?hl=en_GB

I often see the Less Secure Apps turned Off when it might need to be on... When this is the case thunderbird might throw an invalid credential kind of error

Other things that might cause this is
- if you changed your password on google,
- or maybe told Google to fix/secure your account in the security emails they sometimes send out

(25-02-2022, 09:07 PM)king1 Wrote: Thunderbird settings for email account are in Tools -> Accounts

less secure apps settings are here - Checking this will also allow you to verify your password is correct
https://myaccount.google.com/security?hl=en_GB

I often see the Less Secure Apps turned Off when it might need to be on... When this is the case thunderbird might throw an invalid credential kind of error

Other things that might cause this is
- if you changed your password on google,
- or maybe told Google to fix/secure your account in the security emails they sometimes send out
we seem to be going around in circles ,i know i caused the problem ,by trying to sign on to my google a/c with a ,new to me second hand Linx cell ph (blade A330 ).... but my problem is.... how to remove the email message from google that keeps infesting my google mail .....i need to get rid of the message ,can any body walk me through the steps to delete the message thanks....Kev

if it's the same message in your first post, you really only have two options...

1. fix the authentication problem causing the error with the gmail account in the email app
2. remove the gmail account from the email app and give up on having email on the phone