Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another good article about the protest.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/opinion/12788142...e-this-one
I do have other cameras!
not too sure about some of that
i need to cogitate
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
"That’s protesting 101 really, isn’t it – if you are protesting, make sure you are all on the same page, and it had better not be from Mein Kampf. And if your fellow protesters are carrying nooses or throwing faeces, it is, beyond the shadow of a doubt, time to go home."

That sounds about right, to me. And I think its people with those views, & those throwing crap & other stuff at cops who have helped to lower the opinion of many Kiwis towards protesters.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
They've now been served an eviction notice. They've been told to leave by midday - I bet most will remain.

https://thespinoff.co.nz/live-updates/01...ron-update
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Much has been made of the whole "throwing faeces" matter, as is understandable if it is true. But is it actually true? I've seen absolutely no evidence presented; it has instead just been oft quoted by those eager to paint the protestors as ferals. I've heard that the true story is that someone chucked a bag full of orange juice (not a nice thing to do, but not remotely on the same level as a bag of poo), which was initially incorrectly assumed to be urine. Passed down the line, from person to person, "bag of urine" (which wasn't actually urine), became "bag of poo". My evidence that it didn't happen is no more robust than any evidence I've seen that it did, but surely the burden of proof lies with those claiming it happened.

Another "the protesters are ferals" favourite was the "unknown acid sprayed at the cops". That one got quite a bit of air-time for a few days until it was determined that it was actually just the cops own pepper spray blowing back in their own faces.

All in all, just because you read it/saw it in the news, it doesn't mean it is necessarily remotely true.
ok lets take the poo throwing and orange juice and the 'acid' off the table.
to throw anything is wrong. the threatening behaviour, abuse and the spitting. the violence, the disruption, law breaking, the parking bullshit. the calls for hangings, death etc, the squalor.

still sounds pretty feral.to me.
just above the maggot on the repulsive scale.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
I think the minute idiot white supremacist Nazis were identified as being involved, even on the periphery then that was the time to either leave the protest or eject the racists.

Neither of those things happened & as a result protesters have lost any tiny shred of credibility they may have had. Then there were the constant threats to 'hang' various people.
That, together with some of them abusing kids on the way to school & passers by wearing masks has damaged their dubious 'cause' beyond repair, so that the possibly throwing of faeces & some substance which may have been acid (there was a suggestion it may have been pepper spray) at police merely meant that public support was no longer with them - if it had ever been.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/entertain...cists.html

"The 'First Time' hitmaker took to Twitter to share his message, writing: "Respectfully, I don't give a f**k what anyone's intentions are being at that protest. If you're sharing common interests with fascists and white supremacists while professing 'freedom' you got some serious thinking to do."

While many of those in attendance insist they are holding a "peaceful protest", there have been a plethora of death threats aimed at politicians and the media, as well as a disturbing presence of anti-Semitic messaging and other racist commentary.

Images of an anti-Semitic note dubbing Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern 'Jewcinda' have been doing the rounds on social media alongside comparisons of vaccine mandates and COVID-19 restrictions to the atrocities of Nazi leader Adolf Hitler. At one stage, a swastika was drawn on a statue at parliament. "
They weren't going to boot out anyone who supported them - they need every body they can get - few people are stupid enough.
I do have other cameras!
(01-03-2022, 04:38 PM)Praktica Wrote: They weren't going to boot out anyone who supported them - they need every body they can get - few people are stupid enough.
Yeah - there is that. Big Grin
(01-03-2022, 03:29 PM)dken31 Wrote: Much has been made of the whole "throwing faeces" matter, as is understandable if it is true.  But is it actually true?  I've seen absolutely no evidence presented; it has instead just been oft quoted by those eager to paint the protestors as ferals.  I've heard that the true story is that someone chucked a bag full of orange juice (not a nice thing to do, but not remotely on the same level as a bag of poo), which was initially incorrectly assumed to be urine.  Passed down the line, from person to person, "bag of urine" (which wasn't actually urine), became "bag of poo".  My evidence that it didn't happen is no more robust than any evidence I've seen that it did, but surely the burden of proof lies with those claiming it happened.

Another "the protesters are ferals" favourite was the "unknown acid sprayed at the cops".  That one got quite a bit of air-time for a few days until it was determined that it was actually just the cops own pepper spray blowing back in their own faces.

All in all, just because you read it/saw it in the news, it doesn't mean it is necessarily remotely true.

shit is brown orange juice is yellow, perhaps these ferals are colour blind as well
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular