Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Do you think
the protesters will pack up and leave if the end of the mandates was announced?

Personally I think it will take a long time to get rid of them because they have built up a community where like minded people can sprout off the shit they believe in and would the leaders and so called security that have all the power want to give that up in a hurry?
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
You have a few protests in NZ you can research and find a general trend. We all like to hang around like minded people...they are no different.
(26-02-2022, 03:27 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: the protesters will pack up and leave if the end of the mandates was announced?

Personally I think it will take a long time to get rid of them because they have built up a community where like minded people can sprout off the shit they believe in and would the leaders and so called security that have all the power want to give that up in a hurry?
I think you're probably right. They've got used to being there together so if an end to mandates was announced, they might find some other reason to remain there.
I don't much like their chances of being allowed to stay though.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
no, theyre liars because it isnt about mandates. its about covid. if it were about just mandates why arent they wearing mask? its about all of it, anti everything. they discount the science and ignore the medical establishment.
time has not proven to be their friend. the longer they stay the loopier they look.
theyre wallowing in shit like the pigs they are, making fools of themselves in front of the whole country.

sad.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(26-02-2022, 05:02 PM)Magoo Wrote: no, theyre liars because it isnt about mandates. its about covid. if it were about just mandates why arent they wearing mask? its about all of it, anti everything. they discount the science and ignore the medical establishment.
time has not proven to be their friend. the longer they stay the loopier they look.
theyre wallowing in shit like the pigs they are, making fools of themselves in front of the whole country.

sad.
Like I read years ago the problem is seldom the real problem. No fulfilling lives and misdirected anger,
angry because they don't have their shite together.
Must have been a bummer for the protesters who carry themselves well when the shit was thrown,
they had good slice of the country behind them but that incident killed it.
I had odd run in with police for being a loose goose in cars back in the day and they always treated me 
fair. Hated seeing shit thrown at them when I have so much respect for them.
Yes I'd agree - any sympathy for them disappeared when they chucked shit at police.

According to the news, the protesters groups at parliament are on the path to become a super spreader. Several of them now have covid.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Dont be silly Lilith they dont have Covid, the government is bombarding them with radiation rays, thats why they are wearing tin foil hats  Undecided Undecided Undecided
I think it will shrink down to a hard core of people with mental health problems who have nothing to lose and nowhere to go. There are a lot of them there apparently, finding a sense of community and completely unaware that they are being exploited as cannon fodder by the lunatic far right. They will get very sick and some may die. It will be a hard call for the police and social services to decide when to go in and clear them out.
What is the main ethnicity of the protesters? How are they surviving economically? Are they living off benefits?
I wish it would shrink them down to a core...
(26-02-2022, 06:46 PM)alpha111 Wrote: What is the main ethnicity of the protesters?  How are they surviving economically? Are they living off benefits?
There seems to be ample funding.  I hope there are journalists who are following the money and will report.
(26-02-2022, 06:46 PM)alpha111 Wrote: What is the main ethnicity of the protesters?  How are they surviving economically? Are they living off benefits?
Why are you asking what the main ethnicity of the protesters are ?
im pretty sure the protesters are new zealanders
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
I live on a benefit. National Superannuation. It's wonderful. Beats the hell out of starving to death under a bridge.
Me too, Im on the pension as well, what the cops should do is take peoples names and if they are on a benefit or pension etc. put it on hold while they are occupying parliament, that would make a few of them toddle off home.
(27-02-2022, 06:12 AM)Magoo Wrote: im pretty sure the protesters are new zealanders
I'm pretty sure you're right
They appear to be all Kiwi; as to what their income is, that isn't relevant. Rolleyes
Useless bloody cops!!! I see that the protesters now have had a shower block delivered, why cant the cops just tell the wanky bastards to move on? Whats wrong with them, woke police commissioner thats why they are not being moved on, next he will allow KFC deliveries or maybe its already happening.
Its good that they'll be able to keep clean - it can't be much fun for cops having to deal with them otherwise. The waste water though, might cause problems.

Perhaps build a six foot fence around them & leave them to it. They can leave but can't come back in.

Iwi leaders have condemned protesters behaviour

https://www.stuff.co.nz/pou-tiaki/127904...aded-marae

Iwi have gathered at marae from across the Te Ika ā Māui (the North Island) to deliver a united message in opposition to the acts of aggression and disregard for tikanga seen at the ongoing occupation of Parliament.
Members of Taranaki Whānui ki Te Upoko o Te Ika led the dawn ceremony from Pipitea Marae on Monday, and said their mana whenua, environment and tikanga had been trammelled by protesters and their abuse.

Kara Puketapu-Dentice​, the chairman of the Taranaki Whānui’s Port Nicholson Block Settlement Trust, said the protesters appeared to be purposely ignorant of tikanga.

“This occupation has not been peaceful. Abusing our kuia, our koroua, our tamariki, is not peaceful. The smashing of windows in our office is not peaceful,” he said."