Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
50 years since homosexuality became legal
Thumbs Up 
I hadn't realised - no idea where that 50 years went, but well done us. it took long enough to recognise that gay people were just people much like us, except they're attracted to the same gender.

Sometimes, its good to be a Kiwi & look back at the good stuff we've done. Smile

https://www.1news.co.nz/2022/02/26/pride...-done/#_=_

Attitudes have thankfully changed since these times.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politic...ty-pre1986
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
The Pride movement started 50 years ago. Homosexuality became legal in 1986.  Smile
Autumn comes
gay

So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(27-02-2022, 05:35 PM)Magoo Wrote: gay       

You know what gay stands for, don't you Magoo? Good As You!  Smile

I learned that on TM years ago from a gay poster there.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
my sister is a friend of Dorothy
Which reminds me that another landmark passed two or three months ago. Parliament voted to allow you, should you want to, to change your "sex" marker on your birth certificate to reflect your gender identity. I was amazed and pleased to see that the bill was passed unanimously.
Autumn comes
(27-02-2022, 08:25 PM)an amniote Wrote: Which reminds me that another landmark passed two or three months ago. Parliament voted to allow you, should you want to, to change your "sex" marker on your birth certificate to reflect your gender identity. I was amazed and pleased to see that the bill was passed unanimously.
cool
what are the choices?
(27-02-2022, 08:49 PM)Magoo Wrote:
(27-02-2022, 08:25 PM)an amniote Wrote: Which reminds me that another landmark passed two or three months ago. Parliament voted to allow you, should you want to, to change your "sex" marker on your birth certificate to reflect your gender identity. I was amazed and pleased to see that the bill was passed unanimously.
cool
what are the choices?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

An application by an eligible person for registration of the person’s nominated sex must— (a)  specify male, female, or any other sex or gender specified in regulations for the purposes of this paragraph as the person’s nominated sex

Since the Bill doesn't become law for a year or so AIUI, maybe the regulations are yet to be made?

I know you're itching to make suggestions...
Autumn comes
(27-02-2022, 09:13 PM)an amniote Wrote:
(27-02-2022, 08:49 PM)Magoo Wrote: cool
what are the choices?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

An application by an eligible person for registration of the person’s nominated sex must— (a)  specify male, female, or any other sex or gender specified in regulations for the purposes of this paragraph as the person’s nominated sex

Since the Bill doesn't become law for a year or so AIUI, maybe the regulations are yet to be made?

I know you're itching to make suggestions...
im down with it.
as long as Penguin is an option
(27-02-2022, 08:12 PM)Magoo Wrote: my sister is a friend of Dorothy
One of my granddaughters has a friend who is, too. He's one of those lovely people who always manage to make you feel good - spreads sunshine wherever he goes. The sort of person you're always pleased to see. Smile
Good piece in The Spinoff, a useful reminder of the trailblazers.

https://thespinoff.co.nz/society/28-02-2...n-aotearoa
Excellent article there, Olive. Thanks for the link! ?
Autumn comes
Have two males in my life 50 and 21 and suspect both would like to "come out". Still not an easy thing to do for some. The 50 year old as macho as they come.
Cheers for posting that Olive - its an interesting read.
We're such a stupid species sometimes.
(27-02-2022, 03:55 PM)an amniote Wrote: The Pride movement started 50 years ago. Homosexuality became legal in 1986.  Smile
Yes I thought it was 1986 too.
And its taken the best part of another 4 decades to ban conversion therapy, and they call that "progress"
(27-02-2022, 03:55 PM)an amniote Wrote: The Pride movement started 50 years ago. Homosexuality became legal in 1986.  Smile

That's right. I was 24 50 years ago and no way was homosexuality accepted then.
and  ... what did it achieve?  nothing except cost wasted  money on idiot government  "do gooders" keep[ing their overpriced useless jobs..   im not anti gay or what ver any chooses in their lives.. juust fucking sick of it costing me and every midle class working family  paying for bullsjt idiots just keeping themselve employed at our cost and acutalling doing fk all ..
(11-03-2022, 05:19 PM)insain Wrote:
and  ... what did it achieve?  nothing except cost wasted  money on idiot government  "do gooders" keep[ing their overpriced useless jobs..   im not anti gay or what ver any chooses in their lives.. juust fucking sick of it costing me and every midle class working family  paying for bullsjt idiots just keeping themselve employed at our cost and acutalling doing fk all ..
what are you trying say there insain?
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(11-03-2022, 05:19 PM)insain Wrote: and  ... what did it achieve?  nothing except cost wasted  money on idiot government  "do gooders" keep[ing their overpriced useless jobs..   im not anti gay or what ver any chooses in their lives.. juust fucking sick of it costing me and every midle class working family  paying for bullsjt idiots just keeping themselve employed at our cost and acutalling doing fk all ..
You're obviously shaking your fist at something,   but we need a bit more coherence to be able to tell exactly what it is.  Do you have a point to make?
(11-03-2022, 05:19 PM)insain Wrote:
Do you mean the MPs? They were already there; & since it's their job to pass legislation, they did. Unanimously, is what blew me away. Hard to believe now that a large minority voted against legalising homosexuality in 1986. Times have changed!
Autumn comes