Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Purpose of Human Life
it was good to get that sorted
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
I think it was Carl Sagan ? who said when asked if he was afraid of dying, that as he had been dead for millions of years before being born into this life, and had suffered no ill from being so, he didn't see any reason to fear being dead again.

I rather liked that thought.

As for gurus, I have noticed a particular arrogance seems to develop in most of the men we raise into that particular position over us. Does them no good at all in the end so perhaps we should try not to do that, for their sake.

That said, I must admit I do enjoy using my Osho tarot cards. They are so much more positive than the traditional Italian styled ones.
This is rather looking looking like advertising/spam to me...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(28-02-2022, 07:31 AM)king1 Wrote: This is rather looking looking like advertising/spam to me...
I agree - the obfuscated link is a giveaway.
I do have other cameras!
One thing I've learnt from my 75 years on this earth is that everyone has their own path in life and they have to find that by themselves. I'm glad you have found yours, revaa, but you can't impose your beliefs on others, especially as people are at different stages in life and won't be able to understand you.
just in case anyone wants to continue that discussion, did seem interesting
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
we could use a few fundamentalist christians here.
covid will be over soon and i will be needing someone to rail and rant against

chocollo used to post at eoti
i cant remember his name(s) on trade me.
he liked to cast out the odd demon.
i drove him up the wall.
told him only catholics could get into heaven.

i used to start threads about jesus being a carpenter and what a bunch of flaky losers tradies were.
bumcracks exposed, always late, smelling like bourbon.
questioned his sexual preferences the apostles being so blokey and everything.

finally managed to push him over the edge with my
'sin of the week' thread
it was 'bestiality' week that did it.
(28-02-2022, 09:27 AM)Magoo Wrote: we could use a few fundamentalist christians here.
covid will be over soon and i will be needing someone to rail and rant against

chocollo used to post at eoti
i cant remember his name(s) on trade me.
he liked to cast out the odd demon.
i drove him up the wall.
told him only catholics could get into heaven.

i used to start threads about jesus being a carpenter and what a bunch of flaky losers tradies were.
bumcracks exposed, always late, smelling like bourbon.
questioned his sexual preferences the apostles being so blokey and everything.

finally managed to push him over the edge with my
'sin of the week' thread
it was 'bestiality' week that did it.
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Perhaps we're here to learn.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Bestiality week?

Love it. We should have one, it'd give me an excuse to buy a leopard print onesie and growl a lot.
Chocollo was on trademe, and also had a forum of his own, until someone who worked his way into a position of trust there doxxed him.
I do have other cameras!
I remember him but only slightly, didn't come across him often.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
he had a sidekick, hendi.
nuttier than squirrel shit.

motorway also made him apoplectic.
Perhaps our purpose is to read books & eat chocolate - Whittakers, obviously. Smile
Was it chocollo who started calling those he didn't like "burners"? He would fit well with the anti mandate crowd.
I do have other cameras!
(28-02-2022, 02:53 PM)Praktica Wrote: Was it chocollo who started calling those he didn't like "burners"? He would fit well with the anti mandate crowd.
I can remember someone doing that - not sure who it was though.

How bizarre, to feel so very superior to the rest of humanity because you believe in the "One True Faith!"  Big Grin Angel

And there was another religious poster, R G Nixon who used to get annoyed by various things he didn't agree with.
RG was an enormous help to me with great advice on other matters... Despite knowing I was a dedicated pagan.
(28-02-2022, 03:47 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: RG was an enormous help to me with great advice on other matters... Despite knowing I was a dedicated pagan.
Yes he could manage to be reasonable sometimes.
Maybe there is no purpose lol.

Individual perspective. Mine is to be content within. Have
fun. I'm fortunate to have met a good lady (only took 51years lol) We have same outlook on life, lots of fun together, adventure after adventure.

We are obviously programmed to reproduce, missed the boat on that one but not a lot of regret.

Gandhi's famous quote re change in the world is a good start for purpose I feel.
My late MIL once said that she wouldn't change anything about her life. She'd not had the easiest life, & it took me years before I understood - but if you change even one tiny thing then that can alter everything & you wouldn't be the person you are because you'd not have learned the things you have & wouldn't have the same people around you.
Reproduce!!! Hell I haven't practiced that one in a while  Confused
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular