Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The return of the 1pm press conference
Tues - Fri each week with Dr Bloomfield and other health professionals, fewer politicians than previously.   It is partly an effort to counter misinformation and I think it's a great idea.
I wonder.

I think I have overdosed on covid.
i always wondered why 1pm... it made sense during lockdown, but normally most folks are at work during that time. i was not really aware they had finished until i read they were coming back. lol.

and yes, there is such a thing as too much covid at times. yes, i know its a major issue and all that [fully jabbed, boosted yada yada], but it would be good to have a bit less about it. like 1 or 2 less adverts on the radio each hour. i feel that is where so many of the mental health issues are stemming from... covid overload.
Once a week isn't so bad really. Although, that said we could get most information online so perhaps its at least partly aimed at those who don't use the net.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(28-02-2022, 02:21 PM)girlgeorgina Wrote: i always wondered why 1pm... it made sense during lockdown, but normally most folks are at work during that time. i was not really aware they had finished until i read they were coming back. lol.

and yes, there is such a thing as too much covid at times. yes, i know its a major issue and all that [fully jabbed, boosted yada yada], but it would be good to have a bit less about it. like 1 or 2 less adverts on the radio each hour. i feel that is where so many of the mental health issues are stemming from... covid overload.
I am compliant. Excessively so perhaps. Seems to me a lot of attention and investment is going on those who are not.

A lollipop for us good guys would've been nice.
(28-02-2022, 05:33 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(28-02-2022, 02:21 PM)girlgeorgina Wrote: i always wondered why 1pm... it made sense during lockdown, but normally most folks are at work during that time. i was not really aware they had finished until i read they were coming back. lol.

I am compliant. Excessively so perhaps. Seems to me a lot of attention and investment is going on those who are not.

Lollipop? Oh surely not - Whittaker's chocolate at the very least when we've all been so very, very good. Angel Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(28-02-2022, 06:10 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(28-02-2022, 05:33 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I am compliant. Excessively so perhaps. Seems to me a lot of attention and investment is going on those who are not.

Lollipop? Oh surely not - Whittaker's chocolate at the very least when we've all been so very, very good. Angel Big Grin

ha, i truly do agree there... whittakers for easter. lol. i am also one who is compliant. for the most part, i do as instructed and dont often question things.

the current events reminds me of school... the naughty kids get the attention, the quiet kids who just get on with it get ignored.
Yup.

But school had prize giving, and then we scored...

(28-02-2022, 06:10 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(28-02-2022, 05:33 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I am compliant. Excessively so perhaps. Seems to me a lot of attention and investment is going on those who are not.

I have been exceedingly discipined this year, the scales agree. But I truly yearn for some of that new caramelised white...

Maybe this week.
(28-02-2022, 06:33 PM)girlgeorgina Wrote: the current events reminds me of school... the naughty kids get the attention, the quiet kids who just get on with it get ignored.

I don't see it like that. It seems to me that the naughty kids, the Covid deniers and anti-vaxxers, are pretty much despised while the quiet kids, the vast majority of Aotearoa's population who are vaccinated and sticking to the rules, are the heroes and appreciated as such.
Appreciation is nice, but chocolate is nicer...
(28-02-2022, 06:39 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Yup.

But school had prize giving, and then we scored...

(28-02-2022, 06:10 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Lollipop? Oh surely not - Whittaker's chocolate at the very least when we've all been so very, very good. Angel Big Grin
I have been exceedingly discipined this year, the scales agree. But I truly yearn for some of that new caramelised white...

Maybe this week.
Yuck! I hate white chocolate, no idea how it has the nerve to call it self chocolate!
Awful stuff.
But we have been very, very saintly so to each their own. Smile Cool
(28-02-2022, 01:22 PM)Olive Wrote: Tues - Fri each week with Dr Bloomfield and other health professionals, fewer politicians than previously.   It is partly an effort to counter misinformation and I think it's a great idea.
Sounds like a must miss.  Certainly has been for me for 2 years.

Though TBH I never had an issue with them - until the 1pm Covid update began to used  not for Covid updates and more about a daily party political broadcast of things non covid the government was doing.
i think ive seen it a couple of times.
it wasnt riveting television tbh,
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye