Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What are you reading ? '23.
I'm now reading Neil Gaiman, Neverwhere (got it & another book from Wob, secondhand) which is rather like reading a mixture of the Myths,legends,folk tales,fairy stories I used to read as a kid. Definitely an unusal & interesting type of fantasy.

https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-revie...re-gaiman/
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Deep into John Steinbeck; a life in letters, Elaine Steinbeck/Robert Wallstein which I reserved at the libray because it sounded interesting - & only discovered its the size of any 3-4 atandard books when it arrived!

Nonethess I started it & thought I could perhaps just dip into it here & there, but no - turns out that its far too interesting for that & as the part I'm now reading is just before America gets into WW2 it makes extremely interesting reading, as did the reacton of the Farmers to his book, The grapes of wrath.
I've always enjoyed his books & his letters are also good, revealing an excellent sense of humour, well worth reading for anyone who comes across it.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)