Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sneaky Pricing
Hi - I usually glance at my Grocery receipt but last week I looked a little closer. I had purchased an "every day" special
of Chicken Tenders at $7 only to be charged $7.99. 
Yesterday when I was in the same place, I bought some more and then advised the checkout of last weeks incorrect
pricing and the supervisor came to sort it and wasn't surprised at all. Very casual about it. And low and behold,
the same price came up again so for a week of selling, they gained an extra 99cents per item. They are popular so
a nice wee earner for New World.

So it does pay to check properly.
agreed, oddly enough I was just reading this article on the subject yesterday.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/1278062...ers-fuming
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Yeah I read that. Everything has gone sky high price wise as it is without the sneaky crap going on.
$3.99kg for spuds at PaknSave yesterday.

i see lots of mistakes when i go thru checkout.
i dont say anything because i dont want to add the ten minutes it takes while they traipse around the store checking the prices and getting a supervisor and the whole story again.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
As I see it if the marketing and pricing systems were linked together in their IT systems then these sort of issues should never happen.
It shouldn't be the case that for each promotional item that the marketing department throw out, someone else has to update the POS system prices...

I wonder if the supermarkets would be averse to an audit of their promotional pricing ie just what percentage of items sold are sold at the correct promotional price. It shouldn't be too difficult for someone in the IT department to analyse the sales of any and all individual items sold and compare the actual sale price to any promotional pricing at the time of sale
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
so common is it, that i think they do it on purpose.
in hospo i could tell you my stock inventory down to the shot.
i could tell if you'd given away a gin and tonic

modern inventory systems work out your GP, losses and gains.
overcharging items will make them stick out just as much as shoplifting or undercharging.
I reckon they knew full well. The supervisor was too casual about the whole thing.

How does the quote system work on here? I wanted to quote a post but it didn't happen.
Thanks
(03-03-2022, 09:49 AM)Sapana Wrote: I reckon they knew full well. The supervisor was too casual about the whole thing.

How does the quote system work on here? I wanted to quote a post but it didn't happen.
Thanks
Oh I should read the Tips thread and then I will know how.
lol
Smile
Went to my local New World today, among other things I bought a bucket. Price on the shelf $3 something.

Came home. Took the silly brand sticker off the bucket and put it with the mop in the bathroom. Made a coffee, came here and read this thread. Took out my receipt.

Bucket cost me $15.

Buggeration.
Holy shit!
yeah, i might have pulled them up on that
Supermarkets are really bad for this, been happening for years, the Labour Govt under Helens leadership should not have ever allowed the sale of progressive to Woolworths Australia, it only made prices worse, not better like they claimed, somehow they managed to convince the commerce commission that it would be a good thing?

BRING ON ALDI
(03-03-2022, 03:19 PM)Magoo Wrote: yeah, i might have pulled them up on that
I intend to. But it requires another trip to virus infested supermarket...
But I shall keep the receipt just in case. 
That bucket better last for DECADES!
I am sure they leave their 'mistakes' on pricing up to the customer to report it and it obviously doesn't happen that often because I know pns up here you get the item for free AND get refunded if they make a mistake, I have done it before. Yet they still continue to make 'mistakes'. I always ask for my receipt and I make time to sit there and go over the price of things in my mind, usually comparing it to what I have in my memory bank.