Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another interesting poll from Roy Morgan
http://www.roymorgan.com/findings/8912-n...2203070501

Also interesting that none of the main media appear to have picked up this poll for the second time.  And RM was the most accurate of the polls in the 2020 election.
interesting numbers.
it is noteworthy the fact that it hasnt been given much media attention.
Perhaps the denouement of labours 'covid war cabinet', as the return to normalcy beckons and the spotlight goes back to housing, and their inability to provide it, and inflation and how they caused it.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
So sad he has contracted covid. Let's hope he doesn't suffer the brain changes, we have quite enough intellectually challenged MPs as it is.
still plenty of water to go under the bridge
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(08-03-2022, 06:10 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: So sad he has contracted covid. Let's hope he doesn't suffer the brain changes, we have quite enough intellectually challenged MPs as it is.
Ouch!
(08-03-2022, 06:10 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: So sad he has contracted covid. Let's hope he doesn't suffer the brain changes, we have quite enough intellectually challenged MPs as it is.

Perhaps he'll have an epiphany and learn how to wear a mask correctly instead of constantly and disgustingly signalling that he is anti-mask.
Perhaps...

(08-03-2022, 07:35 AM)ObeWan Wrote:
Ouch!
Too snarky you think?
(08-03-2022, 09:43 AM)Olive Wrote:

Perhaps he'll have an epiphany and learn how to wear a mask correctly instead of constantly and disgustingly signalling that he is anti-mask.
i had a friend with that. she wasnt allowed around strobe lights and such.
(07-03-2022, 09:50 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: http://www.roymorgan.com/findings/8912-n...2203070501

Obviously, let off the Cuckoo Klaxon with anyone quoting a Roy Morgan poll for anything other than entertainment purposes... but of interest is their gender split. Females still on Team Ardern, but the men seem to have had more than enough of our most popular ever PM.

So expect National to continue painting Luxon as a "bloke" even if all he is capable of the moment is white noise and jumping in ahead of Seymour to say we should be doing some minor thing that we aren't already doing. How long until we seem him pulling a pint?
(08-03-2022, 10:07 AM)yousnoozeyoulose Wrote:
(07-03-2022, 09:50 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: http://www.roymorgan.com/findings/8912-n...2203070501

Obviously, let off the Cuckoo Klaxon with anyone quoting a Roy Morgan poll for anything other than entertainment purposes... but of interest is their gender split. Females still on Team Ardern, but the men seem to have had more than enough of our most popular ever PM.

So expect National to continue painting Luxon as a "bloke" even if all he is capable of the moment is white noise and jumping in ahead of Seymour to say we should be doing some minor thing that we aren't already doing. How long until we seem him pulling a pint?
Of the polls I trust RM would be second behind the TV One Poll - the old Colmar brunton one.  Reid research are by far the worst as they tend to jump all over the place.  RM was the closest of all the polls on election night 2020.

(08-03-2022, 07:32 AM)king1 Wrote: still plenty of water to go under the bridge
This is true however the trend across all the polls is showing Labour moving in only 1 direction.
(08-03-2022, 09:46 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Perhaps...

(08-03-2022, 07:35 AM)ObeWan Wrote: Ouch!
Too snarky you think?
Factual, though.

I wish there was some way to infuse every last politician in the entire world with a hefty dose of empathy, starting with that complete prickle Putin; I bet we'd see some interesting results. Wink Rolleyes
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

(08-03-2022, 07:35 AM)ObeWan Wrote: Ouch!
Too snarky you think?
Maybe a bit.
I would always hesitate to call someones intelligence into any debate and especially here as the man has mild Covid symptoms and there is nothing at all to suggest his brain could be affected.
I wish anyone with Covid a speedy and full recovery no matter who they are or what office they may hold.

It is also not factual at all!

Some partisan politics here I suspect.
(08-03-2022, 01:58 PM)ObeWan Wrote:

Too snarky you think?
Maybe a bit.
I would always hesitate to call someones intelligence into any debate and especially here as the man has mild Covid symptoms and there is nothing at all to suggest his brain could be affected.
I wish anyone with Covid a speedy and full recovery no matter who they are or what office they may hold.

Sadly it is factual. There can be brain changes with covid, althoiugh they can't be sure at this stage whether or not they're permanent changes.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-ne...-rcna18959

"During at least the first few months following a coronavirus infection, even mild cases of Covid-19 are associated with subtle tissue damage and accelerated losses in brain regions tied to the sense of smell, as well as a small loss in the brain’s overall volume, a new British study finds. Having mild Covid is also associated with a cognitive function deficit.

Gwenaëlle Douaud, an associate professor at the Nuffield Department of Clinical Neurosciences at Oxford and the paper’s lead author, said that the excess loss of brain volume she and her colleagues observed in brain scans of hundreds of British individuals is equivalent to at least one extra year of normal aging.

“It is brain damage, but it is possible that it is reversible,” she said. “But it is still relatively scary because it was in mildly infected people.”

Older participants experienced all these excess brain-related declines more profoundly."

https://www.sciencealert.com/significant...dy-reveals

"The authors show that people who had mild COVID-19 infection an average of five months prior had thinning of brain tissue in several key brain regions."

Of course, despite the strengths of this study, there are still big questions left unanswered.

It's also important to note that the scans were conducted between March 2020 and April 2021, so it's unlikely any of the participants had the Delta or Omicron variants that are now in circulation – so we need to keep that in mind when considering how these results may be related to more recent infections.

Also, these results were analyzed as a group sample and so the results aren't directly applicable to individuals."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I understand all that.
However in the context of what was posted and particularly with regard to Mr Luxon it is not factual at all.
Yet.
Same reference could be made to David Parker, but wasn’t.
As I say, partisan politics.
(08-03-2022, 10:20 AM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Of the polls I trust RM would be second behind the TV One Poll - the old Colmar brunton one.  Reid research are by far the worst as they tend to jump all over the place.  RM was the closest of all the polls on election night 2020.

The Roy Morgan poll has never sat very well with me.

Having been in the industry, a telephone poll of that size costs tens of thousands to produce. They've been conducting it regularly for many years now, without any apparent backing from a media outlet or another party and little to no coverage of the results. Sure they might be selling the data, but data ain't worth that much. Publicity gain is minimal. So why does this Australian company keep doing it? Just feels a little skew-whiff.
(08-03-2022, 02:09 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(08-03-2022, 01:58 PM)ObeWan Wrote: Maybe a bit.

Sadly it is factual. There can be brain changes with covid, althoiugh they can't be sure at this stage whether or not they're permanent changes.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-ne...-rcna18959

"During at least the first few months following a coronavirus infection, even mild cases of Covid-19 are associated with subtle tissue damage and accelerated losses in brain regions tied to the sense of smell, as well as a small loss in the brain’s overall volume, a new British study finds. Having mild Covid is also associated with a cognitive function deficit.

Gwenaëlle Douaud, an associate professor at the Nuffield Department of Clinical Neurosciences at Oxford and the paper’s lead author, said that the excess loss of brain volume she and her colleagues observed in brain scans of hundreds of British individuals is equivalent to at least one extra year of normal aging.

“It is brain damage, but it is possible that it is reversible,” she said. “But it is still relatively scary because it was in mildly infected people.”

Older participants experienced all these excess brain-related declines more profoundly."

https://www.sciencealert.com/significant...dy-reveals

"The authors show that people who had mild COVID-19 infection an average of five months prior had thinning of brain tissue in several key brain regions."

Of course, despite the strengths of this study, there are still big questions left unanswered.

It's also important to note that the scans were conducted between March 2020 and April 2021, so it's unlikely any of the participants had the Delta or Omicron variants that are now in circulation – so we need to keep that in mind when considering how these results may be related to more recent infections.

Also, these results were analyzed as a group sample and so the results aren't directly applicable to individuals."
I'm kinda glad that New Zealand adopted an elimination strategy initially after reading that - think of the number of people we have saved from permanent brain damage by doing so...  Wonder if there might be a small thank you in them somewhere...

any of my brain cells cant cope with a spot of Covid can bugger off anyway, who needs the weaklings?
we only use 10% of our walnut, so theres probably a surfeit of braincells could use a good purging before things get critical
(08-03-2022, 03:02 PM)Magoo Wrote: any of my brain cells cant cope with a spot of Covid can bugger off anyway, who needs the weaklings?
we only use 10% of our walnut, so theres probably a surfeit of braincells could use a good purging before things get critical
problem with that is you won't have any control over which brain cells get purged - could be some rather important ones...

the ones all the alcohol and drugs left behind?
Of course it's partisan politics!

Why anyone would expect anything else from some who wears Left Wing Nut Job with pride above her stars I cannot imagine...