Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
competition watchdog
https://tinyurl.com/y8gq7ah2

First fuel, now food: is our competition watchdog letting us down?

If anyone is out of touch with the real world I think It's these people, they are obviously on highly inflated pay packets that it makes no difference to them one way or the other, so tell me what good are they?
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
as consumer watchdogs go they have excelled
its a most impressive display of mediocrity and indolence with a net outcome of less than they started with.
bonus's all round come christmas
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
yeah agree, any of these reviews always seem to have a bit of predetermined outcome
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Instead of a smack round the chops with a 2 x 4, they got a gentle swipe across the hand. With a feather.
Perhaps it might give them a shake up but I doubt it.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
A huge disappointment. They mention that there was last minute information received by way of updated profit figures, and that altered their recommendations. Is there any detail about this that is publicly available? It makes me think that both chains colluded in their profit reports as well as all their other collusions.
(10-03-2022, 02:32 PM)Olive Wrote: A huge disappointment.  They mention that there was last minute information received by way of updated profit figures, and that altered their recommendations.  Is there any detail about this that is publicly available?  It makes me think that both chains colluded in their profit reports as well as all their other collusions.
Yeah...definitely a whiff of something not quite right about this isn't there.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Regarding the profits made by the big supermarkets I was told some years back that the interest they earn on the short term deposit of their sales income significantly boosts their profits. When you consider that they are paid at the till by virtually all of their customers, that money is theirs to invest until such time that they pay their suppliers, which from my past experience as a produce supplier coincided with the turn of each month. Maybe not the money earner it could be in light of current interest rates but a tidy little bonus during times of 'normal' interest rates.