Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
the Ukrainian Question
Quote:Joan of Arc was an inspirational soldier, not a warmonger.

awww bless her cotton sox. 
no wait, they 'Sainted' her already
as you were.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(12-03-2022, 02:17 PM)an amniote Wrote:
(12-03-2022, 01:43 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Interestingly, peace groups were often predominantly made up of women.
A foremost reason must be the potential and real losses of husbands and sons; family livelihoods.

I'm struggling to think of women who have started wars. There might be a couple, but surely they'd be far, far outnumbered by men.

Just a thought: while wars tend to be started by men, it seems that peace tends to be brokered by them, too.
Yes, usually - eventually. After millions or thousands have been slaughtered, women have been widowed and/or lost their children, after children have become fatherless, after arms manufacturers & undertakes have increased their profits, & after countries & cities have been devastated.

The world is a weird place. And humans are crazy. Angel
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
we see humans
when humanity is absent.
(12-03-2022, 11:27 AM)Magoo Wrote:
(12-03-2022, 11:22 AM)harm_less Wrote: Those who built and lit the conflagration are very relevant still, in whether they supply petrol or water to the fire.
let me know when they are convicted for their actions.
that would be relevant.
So, that would be the 'blue pill' for you then?
(12-03-2022, 05:56 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(12-03-2022, 11:27 AM)Magoo Wrote: let me know when they are convicted for their actions.
that would be relevant.
So, that would be the 'blue pill' for you then?
in the absence of cheeseburger as a choice
ill go for blue every time.
reality bites
(12-03-2022, 04:11 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(12-03-2022, 02:17 PM)an amniote Wrote: A foremost reason must be the potential and real losses of husbands and sons; family livelihoods.

I'm struggling to think of women who have started wars. There might be a couple, but surely they'd be far, far outnumbered by men.

Just a thought: while wars tend to be started by men, it seems that peace tends to be brokered by them, too.
Yes, usually - eventually. After millions or thousands have been slaughtered, women have been widowed and/or lost their children, after children have become fatherless, after arms manufacturers & undertakes have increased their profits, & after countries & cities have been devastated.

All too true, sadly. Some humans, bent on destruction for their own ends, drag too many down to their level. The question, always, is how to stop them?
Autumn comes
(13-03-2022, 08:24 AM)an amniote Wrote:
(12-03-2022, 04:11 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Yes, usually - eventually. After millions or thousands have been slaughtered, women have been widowed and/or lost their children, after children have become fatherless, after arms manufacturers & undertakes have increased their profits, & after countries & cities have been devastated.

All too true, sadly. Some humans, bent on destruction for their own ends, drag too many down to their level. The question, always, is how to stop them?
Not entirely sure that there's a foolproof way to do so  - but a good education for every last person on the planet could surely help. Smile
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)