Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Please explain to me.
Its always been the same with landlords, I remember back when I was renting I used to spend more that half my pay just on rent, it was like that across the board. I dont know if its like that now, if it is no wonder people cant get ahead.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(14-03-2022, 10:18 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(13-03-2022, 02:03 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: I think they need to be legally prevented from doing that. A law which prevents any person, trust or organisation of any kind from requiring more than 1/4 of tenant's weekly income.

I bet there'd be a  few opting to leave the property market.... Big Grin Angel
Ahh but social housing runs by separate rules. I pay the max rent allowable for subsidised pensioner housing - 30% of gross primary income, which is why when that income goes up so does my rent. It is another petty meanness that disempowers us.

But hey, I'm blessed to have long term security, a safe roof, and a guaranteed income. There are so many without those basic life things these days.
I remember those greedy, mean spirited  landlords who, when govt gave students a bit extra because they were suffering genuine hardship, immediately put up their rents by exactly that amount. Miserable, greed-ridden bastards.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
jolly poor form
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye