Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
For those owned by cats...
Enjoy Wink 

Brilliant! Thanks.
At two am this morning, it was wet and windy outside, but herself decided she needed out. Half an hour of burmese tantrums and she got her way. She came home at eight o'clock. I have given up trying to understand her royal bossiness.

I just do as I am told. It is by far the easiest way to a calm life.

When she dies, I'm getting a budgie.
Oh dear - we really need a cat. The dog, (who was well trained by her late majesty) has taken over her role of alarm clock in the morning; I'm thankful that she hasn't picked up the habit of waking the human an hour earlier than usual when there's a chicken scrap or two in the offing.

Once covid eases off more, I'll seriously look for a cat. Oddly though, the dog doesn't seem keen when she hears that word...
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I have one you can have. I'll even pay postage.
(20-03-2022, 06:30 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Oh dear - we really need a cat. The dog, (who was well trained by her late majesty) has taken over her role of alarm clock in the morning; I'm thankful that she hasn't picked up the habit of waking the human an hour earlier than usual when there's a chicken scrap or two in the offing.

Once covid eases off more, I'll seriously look for a cat. Oddly though, the dog doesn't seem keen when she hears that word...
The Dog's Diary
8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing! 
10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
12:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
5:00 pm - Dinner! My favorite thing!
7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

The Cat's Diary
Day 983 of My Captivity
My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.
The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am.

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow, but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously a moron. The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now...
(20-03-2022, 07:21 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I have one you can have. I'll even pay postage.
How very kind; however, having consulted the dog we find ourselves completely unable to accept your generous offer.

On account of her reputation having preceded her.... Big Grin Big Grin Angel
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Came across this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/...bout_this/

And...this. I daren't tell the dog!
Who knew they were related!

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2017...wrong-tree

"There is a grain of truth in the cat versus dog question. Although they share a common ancestor, the Carnivora are split into two quite well-defined groups that are broadly dog-like, the caniformia, and broadly cat-like, the feliformia. This division has deep roots, around 43 million years.

Their evidence suggests there have been crazy cat ladies since the Neolithic, with waves of cat appreciation starting in the near East and spreading across the old world during the Egyptian dynasties, via trade routes. Only after the Middle Ages did we begin breeding for more frivolous traits like coat colours, but we’ve long appreciated the usefulness of a dedicated mouser."
(21-03-2022, 10:25 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(20-03-2022, 07:21 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I have one you can have. I'll even pay postage.
How very kind; however, having consulted the dog we find ourselves completely unable to accept your generous offer.

I am told to tell you I exaggerate.

(21-03-2022, 06:14 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(21-03-2022, 10:25 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: How very kind; however, having consulted the dog we find ourselves completely unable to accept your generous offer.

I am told to tell you I exaggerate.

The dog begs to disagree.. Big Grin Big Grin Angel Angel