Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Unpopular Opinion: There should be no voting age
"Brain butts" - give your daughter my compliments, I'm stealing that one! The child is clearly brilliant! Smile

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-24173194

"Neuroscience has made these massive advances where we now don't think that things just stop at a certain age, that actually there's evidence of brain development well into early twenties and that actually the time at which things stop is much later than we first thought," says Antrobus.

There are three stages of adolescence - early adolescence from 12-14 years, middle adolescence from 15-17 years and late adolescence from 18 years and over.

Neuroscience has shown that a young person's cognitive development continues into this later stage and that their emotional maturity, self-image and judgement will be affected until the prefrontal cortex of the brain has fully developed."

Another problem with having no voting age is that the unscrupulous, or those with a slightly strange sense of humour, might go so far as to take a baby in to 'vote'...if only to see whether they could get away with it. Smile
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unpopular Opinion: There should be no voting age - by Lilith7 - 24-03-2022, 11:15 AM