Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is TV1 Plus 1 gone???
The Freeview app on my phone indicates that Channel 11 is TV1 Plus 1 (showing programs 1 hour later, as it used to be before the schedule changes). The official announcement of the new schedule stated clearly that Channel 11 would be TV1 Plus 1.  
But when I click on Channel 11 now, it says "This program number is not available". What's going on (and which channel is TV1 Plus 1 on now)?  This is now a week after the new schedule started - more than enough time to sort out any bugs ...  Huh Angry
on my TV, I had to rescan the channels using the autotuning function, TV1+1 is now on Channel 11, whereas used to be edge tv
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Bloody mucking things around, damned nuisance grump grump grump...
It does make a difference where you're getting your Freeview signal from by the looks of things. Via the satellite signal TV1+1 has gone to channel 11 now but using the terrestrial signal TV1+1 is still at channel 6.
Who on earth watches "normal" TV these days? The only time I watch "normal" TV is for the news, other than that I chose to watch streaming services for everything else.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
Me...
They shifted the +1 channels around and made a point of saying that you can just add 10 to TV1 and TV3 to get the +1 channel (11 & 13). Great easy to remember, let's assume you'll do the same for the other major channels...

Eden (still showing the same things as Choice) plays along - 8 and 18, but then it all goes tits up.

So where's TV2+1? Easy, let's go to 12. Oh, that's Duke+1, you'll need to go to 7. Why? Why didn't they do their add 10 to the other ones?. Their inconsistency is baffling.

Bravo is 4 and 9. How is a channel that crap occupying two spots in the single digits?

Ironically I don't really watch television, much less the +1 channels, but it's fun to moan.
(28-03-2022, 09:33 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: Who on earth watches "normal" TV these days? The only time I watch "normal" TV is for the news, other than that I chose to watch streaming services for everything else.
Some of us resent and avoid paying to watch what was predominantly 'free to view' until a few years back, especially when most of the worthwhile content on pay TV platforms is available online at the push of a couple of keyboard buttons Angry
(28-03-2022, 09:33 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: Who on earth watches "normal" TV these days? The only time I watch "normal" TV is for the news, other than that I chose to watch streaming services for everything else.

Only TV in this house is "normal" TV. The old TV will stay while it keeps going (plastic on back is all warped from years of sun through the window but it keeps going). Too mean to buy data. Too busy to have time for other options either. So "normal" TV it is - and granted, there's not much that's inviting to watch anyway. Just news and a few comedies.

I've got the channel thing pretty sorted, but very disappointed that the Breeze music has gone. That's probably what was played the most.
I have the 3 main streaming apps which are Netflix, Prime and Disney plus, these 3 cost me less a month than having a sky subscription so im more than happy.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
Thing that is starting to get to me is the way streamers are dropping episodes weekly instead of entire series. I understand why they do it, but I like to binge and see the weekly drops as mainstream tv under a different name...
I have netflix, thanks to a granddaughter having put me on 'piggyback' on theirs, & I also watch various DVD's - aside from that, its PPTV for me.
I got fed up & wrote it all down the other day, on my TV:

Eden is 8
Eden+1 is 18
Rush is 14
Duke is 6
Duke +1 is12
Al Jazeera is now 20
TV1 +1 is now 11, TV2 +1 is now 13
Bravo is 9
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
the channels have changed?
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(28-03-2022, 08:04 PM)Magoo Wrote: the channels have changed?
Yep, apart from the usual 1 2 3  - just to y'know, add a bit more stress on account of there not being enough even with supermarkets changing their interiors around, & of course, that pesky  global pandemic. Big Grin Big Grin Rolleyes Rolleyes
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
jolly poor form.
what am i not going to watch now??
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye