Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Richard Sivell
(30-03-2022, 06:29 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(30-03-2022, 05:17 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Hell no I would hate to have a robotic Ardern  Fffuuu
You wouldn't have one. That is the point. A machine has no need to be anything but what it is.
Yeah... nah. I read sci fi as you know & can recall one by I think Tanith Lee, in which a particularly devious character came up with a way in which to get the robots who governed  to do whatever he wanted them to - puts me off the idea.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
pinky and the brain tried several robotic/electronic devices in their quest to rule the world every day.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
There's no shortage of nutters out there; this one has just been sent to prison for making threats against the PM.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/1...v8FiNrR6b4

"An Auckland man found guilty of threatening to kill Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern and her family has been sentenced to 12 months’ imprisonment.

Michael Christopher Cruickshank previously denied sending three emails on January 21, 2020 having already sent 89 emails between October 2019 and January 2020.

Court documents said the emails amounted to harassment and to "cause Jacinda Ardern to fear for her safety (or) the safety of her family”.

On Thursday at the Auckland District Court, Judge Brooke Gibson sentenced Cruickshank to 12 months imprisonment."

He seems to have a problem with women leaders if they happen to be on the left politically.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/crime/judg...IVACGTSV4/

"He had already been well known to a staffer at the PM's office tasked with vetting correspondence. She testified she first came across his "usually angry but not threatening" emails during Helen Clark's tenure."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(31-03-2022, 10:46 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(30-03-2022, 06:29 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: You wouldn't have one. That is the point. A machine has no need to be anything but what it is.
Yeah... nah. I read sci fi as you know & can recall one by I think Tanith Lee, in which a particularly devious character came up with a way in which to get the robots who governed  to do whatever he wanted them to - puts me off the idea.
A particularly devious biological character perhaps? Ahhh yes, you can't trust those buggers...

(31-03-2022, 10:58 AM)Magoo Wrote: pinky and the brain tried several robotic/electronic devices in their quest to rule the world every day.
Goodness magoo, you are a SF fan too then...

Tongue
in Raised By Wolves there is an AI called 'The Trust' that ran the commune, handed out assignments etc...
Was eventually taken down by another AI Robot...
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9170108/
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye