Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Online bullying of female politicians linked to Young Nat's house
Quote:A campaign of misogynistic online trolling against left-wing female politicians originated from a house owned by a Young Nat and community board hopeful.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politic...nats-house
So apparently he is in the IT industry so i'm possibly inclined to believe him that it was a flatmate as he suggests - any reasonably clued up person with half a brain knows they track IP addresses, and how to use a VPN
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
that was me .
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
Funny though, I was kind of expecting the 'it wasn't me' excuse. Par for the course, in my personal experience, when challenging male politicians on examples of their bad behaviour...

(31-03-2022, 08:20 AM)king1 Wrote:
Quote:A campaign of misogynistic online trolling against left-wing female politicians originated from a house owned by a Young Nat and community board hopeful.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politic...nats-house
So apparently he is in the IT industry so i'm possibly inclined to believe him that it was a flatmate as he suggests - any reasonably clued up person with half a brain knows they track IP addresses, and how to use a VPN
His internet, his responsibility.
he'll be kicking himself for not using the free wifi at mcdonalds
Beattie is in the clear. A flatmate, Jessee "I can't spell my first name correctly" MacKenzie, has owned up.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politic...onal-party

Have the Young Nats ever had good publicity?
(31-03-2022, 03:59 PM)yousnoozeyoulose Wrote: Beattie is in the clear. A flatmate, Jessee "I can't spell my first name correctly" MacKenzie, has owned up.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politic...onal-party

Have the Young Nats ever had good publicity?
I know it would be tempting to get the boot in but i'm pretty sure Young Labour have just as many scandals
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Agreed, all the "Young" groups have/have had quite a lot of issues.

Overly political 20-somethings are insufferable. Always try and give them a wide berth.
Forgive my scepticism, but I wonder how much that cost...
(31-03-2022, 05:48 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Forgive my scepticism, but I wonder how much that cost...
I thought I was the only one wondering that... Big Grin Big Grin

There's a possibility of restorative justice; that could be interesting. Unlikely the person responsible (assuming that is also the person who's taking responsibility) would be too keen on fronting up to the person he'd trolled.

One of the people on the programme just interviewing her (TV3) said that people have sometimes sent her dick picks. Which reminded me of when DIL was sent one by a bloke she knew slightly through work - they'd been discussing dogs & he had a great Dane so she asked for a pic...I told her she should have messaged back that she'd asked for a pic of his great Dane, not a chihuahua  Rolleyes Angel Angel
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
If the national party cracks down on trolling, they'll have nothing left!
I do have other cameras!
dick pics you say?
The little troll also used someone else's photo.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politic...Qd81ns_4h4
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I wonder who taught these young men how to bully...
tom brown school days?
The party hierarchy seems to have remained the same for decades, and the problems under their watch seem to repeat. And no one seems eager to stop the buck, or even take the faintest responsibility for that happening under their leadership...
(01-04-2022, 11:23 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: The party hierarchy seems to have remained the same for decades, and the problems under their watch seem to repeat. And no one seems eager to stop the buck, or even take the faintest responsibility for that happening under their leadership...
It continues to amaze me that Woodhouse is still given responsibilities despite his high profile part in the despicable persecution of Clare Curran.   That photo of him gloating over the lavatory seat is still in circulation.
There's an image of him on that link, scroll down to second image & its at about 1.10. He has quite a baby face & looks very like a schoolkid. I wonder if at some point he may have been bullied himself.
There is an argument that suggests a cultural trend of bullying affects even the newest recruits, given time. The longer you stay the stronger it becomes...