Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
He Pau Pau
(02-04-2022, 05:20 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: No one is disadvantaged?

You never heard of post code healthcare?

Or, howabout being a young woman with endometriosis? Or a woman who has just given birth for the first time? Or someone with ongoing mental health issues? Or a disabled adult needing assessment and help?

You live in fairyland if you really believe our health system is equitable.
No system is perfect.  But one based on race isn't a step closer to perfection - it is a massive step the other direction.

(02-04-2022, 05:10 PM)Magoo Wrote:
Quote:wainui

Well I guess Maori having an understanding of the Magna Carta and English law is right up there with them using radio, TV and microwaves.

damn, youre not too flash are you? it didnt matter what maori thought or knew or understood.
as hosts they were bound by nothing. law as we know it is a construct, its not inherent.
the english were bound by their own laws. and still are, which is why we have to redress the confiscations and thefts carried out by our ancestors.  we are abiding today by laws as we wrote then.

you reckon captain cook had a fucking microwave on the endeavour?
And that is occurring isn't it?  But there was also a massive amount of land sold legitimately.   Just because you aren't happy with the price now isn't a reason to ask for more.
Is taking candy from a kid legitimate?

If race is a factor in inequity, then surely focusing on that as a priority is perfectly sensible.
(02-04-2022, 06:36 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Is taking candy from a kid legitimate?

If race is a factor in inequity, then surely focusing on that as a priority is perfectly sensible.
So you think Maori were as simple as children?  Reality they thought the white man was funny - buying land from them they didn't consider they owned.
No, I think Maori were easy targets for a gang of foreign conmen...
(02-04-2022, 08:06 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: No, I think Maori were easy targets for a gang of foreign conmen...
So now you think they were stupid - got it.
you must be at China now with all these leaps you've been making
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(02-04-2022, 08:18 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 08:06 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: No, I think Maori were easy targets for a gang of foreign conmen...
So now you think they were stupid - got it.
No. I think they came from a very different world. Which is fact.
I wonder how you would get on, say, if you were transported to a foreign country, where you didn't speak the language, or understood the values or mores or social rules. I wonder how long it would be till you were being taken advantage of...

Btw, you might try one of Paul Moon's books. Easy to read, extremely well researched, and illuminating.

Even amusing in parts...
(02-04-2022, 09:33 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 08:18 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: So now you think they were stupid - got it.
I wonder how you would get on, say, if you were transported to a foreign country, where you didn't speak the language, or understood the values or mores or social rules. I wonder how long it would be till you were being taken advantage of...

Btw, you might try one of Paul Moon's books. Easy to read, extremely well researched, and illuminating.

Even amusing in parts...
Interesting analogy as it was the English in the strange land dealing with strange customs who couldn't speak the language.
(02-04-2022, 09:33 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 08:18 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: So now you think they were stupid - got it.

Even amusing in parts...
You really have to wonder about the complaints about a possible 'system based on race'.

You have to wonder if perhaps those doing the complaining have lived elsewhere till recently or are somehow completely unaware of NZ (& other places)  history, & what they might think the system has been based on, if not exactly that.

Though not of course in quite the way they mean. Big Grin Rolleyes
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(03-04-2022, 11:38 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 09:33 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: No. I think they came from a very different world. Which is fact.

Even amusing in parts...
You really have to wonder about the complaints about a possible 'system based on race'.

You have to wonder if perhaps those doing the complaining have lived elsewhere till recently or are somehow completely unaware of NZ (& other places)  history, & what they might think the system has been based on, if not exactly that.

Please point out where the present system  is based on race now?

Oh wait that is a question so I know you wont/can't answer.
Yes. I can. Or at least Mrs Google can...

https://scholar.google.co.nz/scholar?q=m...i=scholart
(03-04-2022, 11:58 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Yes. I can. Or at least Mrs Google can...

It wasn't aimed at you - or do you have 2 profiles?

(03-04-2022, 11:58 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Yes. I can. Or at least Mrs Google can...

But is that because of racism or other factors?
Goodness, some people will do anything to protect their positions. C'mon, hand over my chocky fish with a bit of grace. You know I have you on this one...

That makes two fishes I have in my tmmb cupboard.
(03-04-2022, 11:53 AM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(03-04-2022, 11:38 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: You really have to wonder about the complaints about a possible 'system based on race'.

Please point out where the present system  is based on race now?

It isn't too difficult to look at the links Hunni posted surely. But perhaps you prefer to ignore the differences in the way people are treated, based on race.

You could also look at other countries - the Irish potato famine, perhaps during which the Brits continued to export large amounts of various food stuffs. While people starved to death.

Or the famines in India under British rule.

Or America more recently, native American healthcare.

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/crsj/...th-equity/
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
i'd like to know why wainuiguy seems to think someone has two accounts, he's mentioned that a few times. Is there a conspiracy afoot? or is it just easier to believe that, rather than, god forbid, more than one person disagrees with you....
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
i beg your pardon?
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
Claiming a poster has two accounts when a third poster replies to a post they've made rather than the one they originally posted a question to is par for the course over the way, for those posters who like to routinely target another poster. There's a few of them who do it.
(03-04-2022, 03:01 PM)king1 Wrote: i'd like to know why wainuiguy seems to think someone has two accounts, he's mentioned that a few times.  Is there a conspiracy afoot? or is it just easier to believe that, rather than, god forbid, more than one person disagrees with you....
Projection?   It might be one of his habits.
(03-04-2022, 03:01 PM)king1 Wrote: i'd like to know why wainuiguy seems to think someone has two accounts, he's mentioned that a few times.  Is there a conspiracy afoot? or is it just easier to believe that, rather than, god forbid, more than one person disagrees with you....
No just wondering as Olive and Hunni seem to take turns having their hand up liliths bum like a ventriloquist.

(03-04-2022, 02:48 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(03-04-2022, 11:53 AM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Please point out where the present system  is based on race now?

It isn't too difficult to look at the links Hunni posted surely. But perhaps you prefer to ignore the differences in the way people are treated, based on race.

You could also look at other countries - the Irish potato famine, perhaps during which the Brits continued to export large amounts of various food stuffs. While people starved to death.

Or the famines in India under British rule.

Or America more recently, native American healthcare.

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/crsj/...th-equity/
And I did look at them- they are stats based on race true but don't mention how people are treated just that some races have various outcomes.  And there will be several reasons for that and racism is unlikely to be one of them.
For the record, yet again I have one identity, here, everywhere. It is hard enough for this aging brain to keep sites apart in my head without adding complications, like dishonesty. WYSIWYG with me, it is easiest.

As for answering, bloody hell, I will poke my nose in wherever I chose, no one tells this women when to reply, or not. That is all my own work. Want to smack me, go right ahead. I love a good slapping session.

Now, about that chocky fish...