Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Died "with" Covid....
I think it is perfectly okay to be recorded as a fatality with covid... The point is to see how far the virus is spreading, how many cases there are, and what outcomes those cases experience.

I believe - though I haven't double checked - we did the same thing with HIV in the early days.

What is more interesting is the way some sections of the population seem determined to undermine the seriousness of this pandemic in ways that appear to be all about their personal biases rather than public health concerns.
in times of contention
its not their intention to
make anything plain
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(02-04-2022, 07:35 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I think it is perfectly okay to be recorded as a fatality with covid... The point is to see how far the virus is spreading, how many cases there are, and what outcomes those cases experience.

I believe - though I haven't double checked - we did the same thing with HIV in the early days.

What is more interesting is the way some sections of the population seem determined to undermine the seriousness of this pandemic in ways that appear to be all about their personal biases rather than public health concerns.
It looks like a way of scaremongering to me, although I guess with HIV it probably applies moreso since its its a virus that actually affects the immune system, so deaths involving other illnesses such as colds, flu, pneumonia, etc (which is how most HIV patients die) would apply.
Although I would draw the line at the likes of car accidents, murder etc.
That is completley pointless.

One could argue that covid would be a contributing factor to the death of those in poor health to begin with, so i get that in such circumstances, but when someone dies of a heart attack or some other unrelated cause, then it should just be recorded as a daily case.
I bet if all these covid deaths were reviewed, you would see that many of them did not actually die "from" covid.
The official information act should be able to provide us these figures.
I do agree with you that car accident and murder deaths shouldn't be included if they happen to have covid. Quite clear what the cause of death is in these cases...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(04-04-2022, 01:51 PM)king1 Wrote: I do agree with you that car accident and murder deaths shouldn't be included if they happen to have covid.  Quite clear what the cause of death is in these cases...
Car accidents can be caused by all sorts of factors including heart attack, diabetic coma and stroke and these can be linked to Covid.  The accident is the result of these events.

I think the murder victim aspect is a red herring - the figures are too small to be significant.  "Reported murders have been very stable since 2001, averaging 43.2 a year up to 2015."   So that's hardly enough to distort the basic data.  If the WHO includes them then so should we.