Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
He Wakaputanga - NZ Declaration of independence...
Thumbs Up 
I went to one of their meetings in the weekend and learned alot.
It appears that when the united tribes of NZ was established, we were actually declared a sovereign independent republic!
Lots of history we were not taught at school, but it all makes sense now why Hone Heke was cutting down that flagpole.

Apparently because the treaty was deliberately mis-translated, its technically legally null and void, which means we are still technically a republic!

Lots of people are beginning to learn about this and thats why you might see the united tribes flag flown around the country. Even a few Maraes are flying it.
The last bunch I saw flying it, was a pack of pakeha incels at a hall in Southland...not a Maori to be seen amongst them.
I do have other cameras!
go to youtube, search 'sovreign citizens'
you may learn how to uninstall a car window.
these are your 'historians'
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(04-04-2022, 03:09 PM)Praktica Wrote: The last bunch I saw flying it, was a pack of pakeha incels at a hall in Southland...not a Maori to be seen amongst them.
And how did you know they weren't Maori?
(04-04-2022, 09:54 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(04-04-2022, 03:09 PM)Praktica Wrote: The last bunch I saw flying it, was a pack of pakeha incels at a hall in Southland...not a Maori to be seen amongst them.
And how did you know they weren't Maori?
Ever been in Southland?
I do have other cameras!
I was amused by that article in Stuff yesterday about the mayor who sent his persistant nuisance into the debtors court. I had a friend a while back who insisted common law overrode legislated versions. I think it is probably a form of mental illness to live in such a fantasy world...

(04-04-2022, 12:36 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: I went to one of their meetings in the weekend and learned alot.
It appears that when the united tribes of NZ was established, we were actually declared a sovereign independent republic!
Lots of history we were not taught at school, but it all makes sense now why Hone Heke was cutting down that flagpole.

Apparently because the treaty was deliberately mis-translated, its technically legally null and void, which means we are still technically a republic!

Lots of people are beginning to learn about this and thats why you might see the united tribes flag flown around the country. Even a few Maraes are flying it.
We have plenty of independent historians who publish easily read books, well researched and validated. You could try one of those. Any public librarian can point you in the right direction.

Trouble is there are people who don't bother reading. They'd rather get their education by word of mouth.
i thought mr kings book was very good.
(05-04-2022, 08:05 AM)Praktica Wrote:
(04-04-2022, 09:54 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: And how did you know they weren't Maori?
Ever been in Southland?
Sure.  My question still stands.
we maori find it quite chilly down there.
you may keep it.
Your right about the low uptake of maori involved, there certinaly was some maori at the meeting, but not a great percentage of them attended, from what they told us was that alot of them are affiliated with the iwi which basically run as a business under the govts control, i guess I can get where they are coming from, but slowly more maori are waking up.
Ngapuhi already have already made a claim with the waitangi tribunal and the investigation is still ongoing.
(04-04-2022, 12:36 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: I went to one of their meetings in the weekend and learned alot.

sweet are the Maori going to pay the treaty money back
yes i know
(09-04-2022, 07:14 PM)jim157 Wrote:

sweet are the Maori going to pay the treaty money back
I'm not sure C_T_Russell's reading of treaty law could be relied upon, so no, probably no need for repayment of treaty settlement claims.
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(04-04-2022, 05:28 PM)Magoo Wrote: go to youtube, search 'sovreign citizens'

Yep it's almost like the phrase "go to YouTube and search..." is the reason humankind is in its current predicament. Who'd have known how dangerous the internet would end up being (and yes I get the irony of my comment).
being in a predicament is the human condition
if we weren't in one, we would create one.
we did.
(05-04-2022, 08:56 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I was amused by that article in Stuff yesterday about the mayor who sent his persistant nuisance into the debtors court. I had a friend a while back who insisted common law overrode legislated versions. I think it is probably a form of mental illness to live in such a fantasy world...

We have plenty of independent historians who publish easily read books, well researched and validated. You could try one of those. Any public librarian can point you in the right direction.

Trouble is there are people who don't bother reading. They'd rather get their education by word of mouth.
I find the best reading is the original diaries, etc. Read what people actually saw and experienced. I read Cook's diaries recently (from the library). You have to accommodate that the way we see the world has changed, but that's also the point. In law, the law is applied as to how it was when the  "crime" happened. I think we need to apply that sociologically as well and stop being so critical of what happened "then" to allow the benefits we have today to be appreciated.

(14-04-2022, 11:31 PM)videomonkey Wrote:
(04-04-2022, 05:28 PM)Magoo Wrote: go to youtube, search 'sovreign citizens'

Yep it's almost like the phrase "go to YouTube and search..." is the reason humankind is in its current predicament. Who'd have known how dangerous the internet would end up being (and yes I get the irony of my comment).

I think the predicament is that it all happened so fast and many individuals have been left behind in the understanding of the effect of having so much unregulated information at their fingertips. The education sector needs to start the catch-up by teaching more about critical appraisal and how algorithms work to modify search results, etc. And adults need to stop and think through the bigger picture in what they read. In the competition for attention so much is exaggerated and made more extreme/negative than it really is/was.
Possibly the best book on the treaty is LT Buicks "The Treaty" a little more contemporary than many of the modern revisionist's publications....bit hard to find now as many librarys tend to tuck it away out of sight. Bit like the Queen Charlotte deed. (1839). yes the Nat library holds it but try accessing it...
It's actually not hard to find - it took me about a minute to find this:

http://www.hellenicaworld.com/NewZealand...tangi.html
(22-04-2022, 01:14 PM)Olive Wrote: It's actually not hard to find - it took me about a minute to find this:

Great, thanks for that.. to get it in our local library one must sign in and rrequest it upstairs under the supervision of a librarian in the research section.
(22-04-2022, 02:53 PM)The BDI Wrote:
(22-04-2022, 01:14 PM)Olive Wrote: It's actually not hard to find - it took me about a minute to find this:

Great, thanks for that.. to get it in our local library one must sign in and rrequest it upstairs under the supervision of a librarian in the research section.
your reputation precedes you
everyone else is allowed in unaccompanied.
Buicks book should be compulsory reading for every NZer.. but I think it will never see the light of day in our new curriculum.
I especially make reference to the words of Tamati Waka Nene during the fierce treaty debate
"We the chiefs, and natives of this land, are down low; they are up high, exalted, yet they make no slaves. What do you say? The Governor to go back? I am sick, I am dead, killed by you. Had you spoken thus in the olden time, when the traders and grog-sellers came—had you turned them away, then you could well say to the Governor, 'Go back,' and it would have been correct, straight, and I would also have said with you, 'Go back'—yes, we together as one man, with one voice. But now as things are, no, no, no. What did we do before the Pakeha came? We fought, {119} we fought continually. But now we can plant our grounds and the Pakeha will bring plenty of trade to our shores. Then let us keep him here. Let us all be friends together. I'll sign the puka puka.[79] I am walking beside the Pakeha."