Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
He Wakaputanga - NZ Declaration of independence...
I was amused by that article in Stuff yesterday about the mayor who sent his persistant nuisance into the debtors court. I had a friend a while back who insisted common law overrode legislated versions. I think it is probably a form of mental illness to live in such a fantasy world...

(04-04-2022, 12:36 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: I went to one of their meetings in the weekend and learned alot.
It appears that when the united tribes of NZ was established, we were actually declared a sovereign independent republic!
Lots of history we were not taught at school, but it all makes sense now why Hone Heke was cutting down that flagpole.

Apparently because the treaty was deliberately mis-translated, its technically legally null and void, which means we are still technically a republic!

Lots of people are beginning to learn about this and thats why you might see the united tribes flag flown around the country. Even a few Maraes are flying it.
We have plenty of independent historians who publish easily read books, well researched and validated. You could try one of those. Any public librarian can point you in the right direction.

Trouble is there are people who don't bother reading. They'd rather get their education by word of mouth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: He Wakaputanga - NZ Declaration of independence... - by Oh_hunnihunni - 05-04-2022, 08:56 AM