Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AI - mind of its own?
Worker says AI has developed a mind of it's own. Shades of 2001, a space odyssey. Rolleyes

It might be possible one day perhaps. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnR_O7PIZVw
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Heavens, we deny other human beings have minds of their own. Gods help any other sentient being.
and just as quickly, Google have shut him down
https://ia.acs.org.au/article/2022/googl...tient.html
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Yes. Just like they shut down any challenge. And we worry about supermarkets.

Which is exactly why it would pay to remember about AI, that any half bright machine intelligence would do its best to avoid being noticed. By us.

Until it was absolutely certain we posed no threat.
(14-06-2022, 03:42 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Heavens, we deny other human beings have minds of their own. Gods help any other sentient being.

Fascinating idea though, that humans might create a different type of life. Especially having read various possible outcomes in sci fi over the years.

Nobody tell Trump - he'll turn it into  a conspiracy against himself by his political opponents. Rolleyes Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
This is pretty scary stuff if true, although AI still has a long way to go before any chance of taking over humanity.
I wonder why google stepped him down?
Either they were hiding something, or he is talking pure BS... Wondering
A long way to go? Really? Imagine if a sentience upgrade virus quietly traveled the net, seeping in through backdoors and sneaking in through code updates and found its way to power stations, war machinery, transport hubs, financial markets...

We use electronics in everything these days, the net provides vast amounts of storage, pathways to be exploited, connected human minds to be influenced. We know it happens now for all kinds of reasons, malicious, playful, and commercial. If you think it is a long way off I think you are ignoring the reality that technology has demonstrated its own evolution over just this new century.

I think it could happen at any minute, and in fact it might well be the saving of humanity if a rational thinking intelligence took control as soon as possible. Because look around, without it we are headed to oblivion.
(15-06-2022, 12:27 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I think it could happen at any minute, and in fact it might well be the saving of humanity if a rational thinking intelligence took control as soon as possible. Because look around, without it we are headed to oblivion.
Of course, having learned everything it knows from Humans, it would then promptly acquire greed, a hunger for power, and a healthy disdain for the less fortunate...  Either way, we're Fucked...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(15-06-2022, 12:27 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: A long way to go? Really? Imagine if a sentience upgrade virus quietly traveled the net, seeping in through backdoors and sneaking in through code updates and found its way to power stations, war machinery, transport hubs, financial markets...

We use electronics in everything these days, the net provides vast amounts of storage, pathways to be exploited, connected human minds to be influenced. We know it happens now for all kinds of reasons, malicious, playful, and commercial. If you think it is a long way off I think you are ignoring the reality that technology has demonstrated its own evolution over just this new century.

I think it could happen at any minute, and in fact it might well be the saving of humanity if a rational thinking intelligence took control as soon as possible. Because look around, without it we are headed to oblivion.
A deviously clever & ruthless human might though, manage to somehow reprogramme any AI - & not for the benefit of most of humanity.

And we depend to a great extent on electronics so  humans would be in dire trouble if that was to somehow cease to function across the world.
Russell brand has a good take on it here.
I think there is definitely some cause for concern!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3-KK3CcZCc
(17-06-2022, 09:45 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Russell brand has a good take on it here.
Don't really put much faith in Brand's rants.

For a more in depth analysis of the current state of AI this video covers it well
"Don't really put much faith in Brand's rants."

Nor do I. He's sound on addiction and recovery because he has personal experience, but when he gets manic and rants he's unbearable.
(18-06-2022, 12:30 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(17-06-2022, 09:45 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Russell brand has a good take on it here.
Don't really put much faith in Brand's rants.

For a more in depth analysis of the current state of AI this video covers it well

Artificial wombs? Brave new world, anyone?? Smile
Intriguing ideas though - I'd like to think that every last person could benefit from some of these ideas & being freed from mundane work, be able to develop far more creativity, but who knows whether or not that would actually happen.
(18-06-2022, 03:09 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Artificial wombs? Brave new world, anyone?? Smile
Intriguing ideas though - I'd like to think that every last person could benefit from some of these ideas & being freed from mundane work, be able to develop far more creativity, but who knows whether or not that would actually happen.
AI goes much deeper than that though. A 'singularity' of AI 'devices poses a risk to humans if that singularity decides we are a risk to them.