Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Russia said to be calling up "dad's army"
Allegedly to make up for losses in their war on Ukraine. If they're anything like the old TV series, its probably not going to help much. Big Grin Big Grin

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/europe/300...in-ukraine

"Russia has suffered such heavy losses in Ukraine it is now calling up soldiers who have been retired for up to a decade, according to Western intelligence.

Britain’s Ministry of Defence said on Sunday that Moscow was seeking to "bolster troop numbers with personnel discharged from military service since 2012".
"Russia will likely continue to throw badly damaged and partially reconstituted units piecemeal into offensive operations that make limited gains at great cost," it said.

Russia has suffered thousands of casualties since it invaded Ukraine on February 24 and its spring recruitment drive will not deliver trained soldiers for 12 months."

Ukraine has supporters from some unlikely areas, though including some from the film industry.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/europe/300...ine-forces
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Russia already has a severe population decrease. This will not help.
maybe they should rise up...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Hello Captain Mainwaring.
Shut up Pike you silly boy.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
big offensive from the east coming up
vlads not giving up
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
He seems to be losing, we know he has lost the plot but lets hope he doesn't do the Nuke thing,but mind you if he did is it possible that radiation from one could float back into Russia?
(11-04-2022, 06:20 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: He seems to be losing, we know he has lost the plot but lets hope he doesn't do the Nuke thing,but mind you if he did is it possible that radiation from one could float back into Russia?
Not sure, but it seems very likely that it would also affect Russia since they're close together - & various other countries in the area.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
It would doom him.
(11-04-2022, 07:02 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: It would doom him.
Yep, it would. And possibly also the rest of, or many of us. I still think that sooner or later one or more of his top level staff will remove him from office, stick him in prison & either take over or, even better temporarily govern while organising actual democratic elections.

Lucky dreams are free, eh Big Grin
There wont be democratic elections in a communist dictatorship country, I think the only way will be for someone to take him out but who will be brave enough that is the question?
Is Russia still communist?
plutocracy
Perhaps then a very public 'heart attack' might be for the best. Smile
ive little doubt mr putin will die in his own bed of old age.
not unlike Mr Tito of yugoslavia did.
The sooner one of putins officials turns their back on him the better...
hes started purging, they'll be on their toes
i'm sure someone will have spare drop of Novichok they can make use of...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(12-04-2022, 03:56 PM)Magoo Wrote: ive little doubt mr putin will die in his own bed of old age.
Hitler & Mussolini didn't... Smile Rolleyes
(12-04-2022, 07:13 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(12-04-2022, 03:56 PM)Magoo Wrote: ive little doubt mr putin will die in his own bed of old age.
Hitler & Mussolini didn't... Smile Rolleyes
herr hitler and signore mussolini were never going to be allowed to live in defeat.
if putin loses this he will live to fight another day.