Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vehicle head restraints?
I've been told that I will need to fit a head restraint for the centre fold down seat in a '95 Toyota Hiace van in order to get a WOF?
Apparently it's a new rule?
Is this correct? 
The seat has never had a head restraint and there is no sensible way to fit one - can I be required to retrofit one?
that sounds expensive, I can't really help you other than with this, which is all i could see online about them
https://vehicleinspection.nzta.govt.nz/v...restraints

there must be an awful lot of them out there that will be caught by this, the Toyota Hiace was pretty popular...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Do you have a panel or bar of some sort behind the front seats ? You need a headrest if there is something behind the seat....that's why 4 door utes have rear headrests.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
bro went to the wrong place for his warrant.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(12-04-2022, 06:44 AM)Magoo Wrote: bro went to the wrong place for his warrant.
I reckon!

(11-04-2022, 06:36 PM)Zurdo Wrote: Do you have a panel or bar of some sort behind the front seats ? You need a headrest if there is something behind the seat....that's why 4 door utes have rear headrests.
Ah, that could be it - the van has a mesh cargo barrier behind the seats!
So is the cargo barrier original equipment, or a later add on ?
Waging war with society
(12-04-2022, 11:41 AM)Zurdo Wrote: So is the cargo barrier original equipment, or a later add on ?
It's an aftermarket certified add-on - by Van Extras!
If it's certed there should be a LVV plate saying so. Otherwise remove it for the WoF, refit it later.
Waging war with society