Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Subway shooting in New York
Ten people were shot in the Brooklyn subway station this morning & 29 have been treated for injuries. They've put up a reward, & have a suspect.

Quite glad we don't live there.

https://edition.cnn.com/us/live-news/bro...index.html
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
yes god forbid we should have to put up with maniacs and nutcases in clean, green ol' NZ...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(13-04-2022, 03:57 PM)king1 Wrote: yes god forbid we should have to put up with maniacs and nutcases in clean, green ol' NZ...
Yes indeed - we're all perfectly sane here.

Nearly, sometimes. Big Grin Big Grin Angel
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(13-04-2022, 03:57 PM)king1 Wrote: yes god forbid we should have to put up with maniacs and nutcases in clean, green ol' NZ...
Ummmm  what about Mr Tarrant?

Or the guy who stabbed people at countdown?
I have visited New York numerous times and can tell you that it is one of the safest cities I have visited- and I have traveled all over it and never felt unsafe. However walking down Queen Street or Courtney Place is another matter entirely.

NZ Police could learn a lot from NYPD. First get police out of their cars and on their feet in CBD areas - and do so IN FORCE.
The man accused of a mass shooting on a New York subway has been arrested and charged with terrorism, following an extensive manhunt in the US city.
Frank R. James, 62, was taken into custody in Manhattan, Brooklyn on Wednesday (US time).

In recent months, James railed in online videos about racism and violence in the US and about his experiences with mental health care in New York City, and he had criticised Adams' policies on mental health and subway safety.

Some how I dont think thats the correct way to carry on about racism mental health and subway safety.
But Im glad they got the bugger.

(14-04-2022, 07:45 AM)Wainuiguy Wrote: I have visited New York numerous times and can tell you that it is one of the safest cities I have visited- and I have traveled all over it and never felt unsafe.  However walking down Queen Street or Courtney Place is another matter entirely.

NZ Police could learn a lot from NYPD.  First get police out of their cars and on their feet in CBD areas - and do so IN FORCE.

I agree, bring back the bobby on the beat and have plenty of them, but as far as being like the NYPD that wouldnt be kind woiuld it  Giggle
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(14-04-2022, 09:36 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: The man accused of a mass shooting on a New York subway has been arrested and charged with terrorism, following an extensive manhunt in the US city.
Frank R. James, 62, was taken into custody in Manhattan, Brooklyn on Wednesday (US time).

In recent months, James railed in online videos about racism and violence in the US and about his experiences with mental health care in New York City, and he had criticised Adams' policies on mental health and subway safety.

Somehow I dont think thats the correct way to carry on about racism mental health and subway safety.

the appropriate response to societal concerns about racism, mental health and subway safety is to go into a subway and start shooting up your ethnic brothers, presumably to highlight the problem...  I mean WTF 

He must have been a racist nutjob that hated subways...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(14-04-2022, 09:36 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: The man accused of a mass shooting on a New York subway has been arrested and charged with terrorism, following an extensive manhunt in the US city.

Some how I dont think thats the correct way to carry on about racism mental health and subway safety.

(14-04-2022, 07:45 AM)Wainuiguy Wrote: I have visited New York numerous times and can tell you that it is one of the safest cities I have visited- and I have traveled all over it and never felt unsafe.  However walking down Queen Street or Courtney Place is another matter entirely.

NZ Police could learn a lot from NYPD.  First get police out of their cars and on their feet in CBD areas - and do so IN FORCE.

I agree, bring back the bobby on the beat and have plenty of them, but as far as being like the NYPD that wouldnt be kind woiuld it  Giggle
Agreed; the last thing we need is cops like that. Their reputation hasn't always been good.

https://www.loc.gov/item/today-in-history/june-01/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_C...misconduct

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020...orge-floyd
(14-04-2022, 07:45 AM)Wainuiguy Wrote: However walking down Queen Street or Courtney Place is another matter entirely.

Not sure why people get scared by Courtenay Place. Sure it gets a bit rowdy at 2am on a Saturday, but if you don't go looking for trouble then it's unlikely that it's going to find you. The rest of the time it's just a humdrum street with wayward hipsters looking for an espresso and the only thing you have to fear is boredom itself.

It's possibly a race thing clouding judgements because for the most part at its worst, it's just uni kids testing the limits of their alcohol intake, women wondering why they chose to wear their skimpiest clothes in the middle of winter and horny men queueing outside clubs only to find that the clubs are just full of other horny men - and because they're in that experimental phase of their life, going screw it and grinding Caleb the first year Psyc major.

Ahh, Wellington.
They've arrested the man suspected. The charge is 'federal terrorism.'

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/us-canada/...-terrorism