Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The death of Jesus
Im not religious but found this amusing.

https://tinyurl.com/y5zwwyj3

A retired neurologist claims they have figured out the proper cause of Jesus's death.
According to the Bible, Jesus fell while carrying the cross before his side was pierced by a Roman soldier's spear, which caused blood and water to spurt out.

So obviously being nailed to a cross had stuff all to do with it then?
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
i think he fell three times en route to the mount.
each time has a little significance to the story.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
Well jeez - a spear through the side would likely do it. Depends on where exactly but it might have pierced something vital like a lung, that'd make breathing a bit difficult.

Our ancestors had some hideous ways of killing people back in those days. The ancient Egyptians had a particularly nasty one, so nasty its a wonder anyone ever risked it.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
in catholic iconography the heart is often on display with a big slice carved in it, or the spear stuck in it.

[Image: 54aix9xslf_Schiffer_SACREDHEART.jpg]

[Image: cropped-sacre-coeur.jpg]
(17-04-2022, 05:47 PM)Magoo Wrote: in catholic iconography the heart is often on display with a big slice carved in it, or the spear stuck in it.

[Image: 54aix9xslf_Schiffer_SACREDHEART.jpg]

[Image: cropped-sacre-coeur.jpg]

Yeah...they're very keen on the open heart surgery look for some bizarre reason. You'd think such images might have the effect of putting people off joining their religion, but apparently not.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Thats what my heart will look like when I go to have surgery
(17-04-2022, 07:08 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Thats what my heart will look like when I go to have surgery
Presumably sans flames & thorns...?? Big Grin Big Grin Angel
A pastor & some of his followers sang to a captive audience on a plane - not all passengers were enthralled.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...songs.html

Surely that's exactly why emergency exits are there.....??Smile
Its a shame it wasn't the Bish, they could have pushed him out of the emergency exit.
(18-04-2022, 08:25 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Its a shame it wasn't the Bish, they could have pushed him out of the emergency exit.
Now there's a tempting idea! Big Grin

Sans parachute, obviously... Angel Big Grin
interesting side bar
when the apostles heard that jesus had risen, thomas didnt buy it, sceptical.
so when jesus showed up he told thomas to stick his hand in the wound,
which thomas did. ugh.

this is where the term 'doubting thomas' originated.
(19-04-2022, 07:07 PM)Magoo Wrote: interesting side bar
when the apostles heard that jesus had risen, thomas didnt buy it, sceptical.
so when jesus showed up he told thomas to stick his hand in the wound,
which thomas did. ugh.

this is where the term 'doubting thomas' originated.
Yuk! Gross - as well as highly unlikely, but those long ago humans seemed to have an affinity with gore & cruelty really.
Sick

Perhaps we really have evolved just a tiny bit.
It's important to approach such topics with respect and empathy for others' beliefs and opinions. The topic of the death of Jesus, it's a fundamental belief for Christians and an event that has shaped the course of human history. If you're interested in learning more about Christianity or engaging in discussions related to faith, you may find resources and a supportive community church.
The spear was to hasten death, to reduce the suffering of drowning in his own fluids. Not every crucified got that mercy stroke, most were just left to suffer.