Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Violent clash in Jerusalem
Are humans utterly incapable of sanity when it comes to their chosen religion?  All claiming to be the religion of peace or love, while attacking those of a different view.
Good grief - we're barbarians, or some of us are.
Dodgy

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-57034237

"[b]At least 163 Palestinians and 17 Israeli police officers have been hurt in clashes in Jerusalem, Palestinian medics and Israeli police say.[/b]
Most were injured at the Al-Aqsa mosque, where Israeli police fired rubber bullets and stun grenades as Palestinians threw stones and bottles.
Tensions have been rising over the potential eviction of Palestinians from land claimed by Jewish settlers.
The Red Crescent has opened a field hospital to treat the wounded.
The Al-Aqsa mosque complex in Jerusalem's Old City is one of Islam's most revered locations, but its location is also the holiest site in Judaism, known as the Temple Mount."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/a...qsa-mosque

"Most of the Palestinian injuries on Friday were incurred by rubber bullets, stun grenades and beatings with police batons, the Palestine Red Crescent said.

Israel said its forces entered before dawn prayers on Friday to remove rocks and stones that it said had been collected in anticipation of violence. The holy site, which is sacred to Jews and Muslims, has often been the scene of Israeli-Palestinian unrest, and tensions were already heightened amid a recent surge in bloodshed."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
our god is much nicer than theirs
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
What, when he's not smiting people you mean? Y'know, sinners & such - the sort who piss him off for not wearing the right fabric & not worshipping in the correct way. Smile
Yeah...that'd be right; ours is wonderful & theirs sucks. Ours is the 'one true god' & their s is false, & is probably the devil as well.

One of the many things which put me right off organised religion
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)