Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The whatever thread
I had a date with a camel once .... didn't last to long because it got the hump.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
You know your opening post... I have a question. How do you know it's halfway through?
(22-04-2022, 02:35 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Growing your own's the best option. Its just that its a lot of work.
Indeed.   We are almost self-sufficient in fruit, herbs and veges, the only thing we have to buy is garlic because our crop didn't do well.  But it takes space, knowledge, a hell of a lot of work and a big freezer, also the cooking ability to deal with whatever is in season without waste.  

It's certainly not realistic to tell poor people to save money by growing their own veg, that presupposes that they have a garden and money to pay for tools and seeds.   We get free horse shit, which is our main fertiliser but most gardeners need to buy fertiliser.   I don't think it's actually cheaper than buying veg at the supermarket but the quality is a million percent better.
(22-04-2022, 03:27 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: I had a date with a camel once .... didn't last to long because it got the hump.
thats why the good looking ones need a rest
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
And a ciggie?
camels are the ships of the desert.

full of arab seamen
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(22-04-2022, 03:31 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: You know your opening post... I have a question. How do you know it's halfway through?

If I told you that, you would know as much as me, and Im not willing to divulge that secrete  Big Grin
Ha!

They all say that.
I sometimes chuck a few sultanas into a vegetable curry, but must get around to trying dates again; I hated them when I was a kid. But then I hated beetroot too when i was a kid & I like it now.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Semi-dried dates are a fantastic addition to a salad. Our blood oranges will be ripe soon and some of them will go into salads with dates, red onion and olives.
Olive, your going to throw yourself into a salad?
(21-04-2022, 08:57 PM)king1 Wrote: Monero XMR up 16% this week, over 400nzd at the moment...
Dropped down to 310nzd over the last week, currently around 320
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(03-05-2022, 07:38 PM)king1 Wrote:
(21-04-2022, 08:57 PM)king1 Wrote: Monero XMR up 16% this week, over 400nzd at the moment...
Dropped down to 310nzd over the last week, currently around 320

If I understood what you said I would say "shit hot"  Big Grin
Along with all the other financial meltdowns, Monero XMR cryptocurrency is now down to $194
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Pretty interesting podcast from Bernard Hickey today regarding the state of international stock markets and crypto. Worrying stuff.

[/url][url=https://thekaka.substack.com/p/tuesdays-chorus-global-market-meltdown?s=w#details]https://thekaka.substack.com/p/tuesdays-chorus-global-market-meltdown?s=w#details