Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My sexual orientation.
They may need to talk about their sexual orientation with a like minded person and this may be their way of finding out if there is someone here to talk to.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(23-04-2022, 05:52 PM)Pips111 Wrote: Why does it seem that anybody other that heterosexual feel the need to talk about their sexual orientation? I don’t care what your sexual orientation is, and I don’t think any other heterosexual person cares either.
lets not be hasty and rule anything out.
i might be a little bit interested
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
So because you feel the need to share, reveal yourself….

My guess is…..wait for it……non binary (whatever that is???)
Its great isnt it, people on here are assuming a persons sexuality just because a question was asked!
(23-04-2022, 07:21 PM)Pips111 Wrote: So because you feel the need to share, reveal yourself….

Do you really care about it that much? Each to their own I say...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(23-04-2022, 07:33 PM)king1 Wrote:
(23-04-2022, 07:21 PM)Pips111 Wrote: So because you feel the need to share, reveal yourself….

+1 King1
what was the question again?
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(23-04-2022, 07:56 PM)Oldfellah Wrote:
(23-04-2022, 07:33 PM)king1 Wrote: Do you really care about it that much? Each to their own I say...
 +1 King1
Quite right guys and that was my point exactly... toooo subtle by far for some like Magoo. 
However like most on this MB I could careless about the sexual orientation of others.  You is what you is. 

So, and this is the big question, why do the LGBTQIA crowd insist on informing me and the rest of humanity of their sexuality as if its compulsory for us to know it?
They delight in "coming out" to an audience who it would appear in the main just cares less.   (is it their ego?)
The latest being our man in Sydney, TVNZ reporter Andrew McFarlane who is now "proudly out".    Is it compulsory for a TVNZ reporter to be either gay Maori or PI ?

Why do you think I want to know Andrew? 
I don't, not any more than the population at large wants to know mine
I have never been confused about who I was, and never had the need to make who I was obvious. I just am who I am. No questions or reassurance needed.

I guess if that wasn't the case I might feel differently. It must be an uncomfortable feeling, that confusion. It might be that one way to settle that internal wobbliness is to shout it to the masses, get in their faces so to speak, and by trying to convince the world, convince themself.

I just wish all those confused souls had the confidence I have in knowing and accepting myself for who I am, and proceeding through life accordingly. With all the pros and cons that identity brings with it. Cons especially, because every single one of us has a bunch of those.

Maybe it is confronting those cons that make for the confusion. After all, with sexual identities, the changes within our society are only now being widely recognised. For generations those outside our traditional norms faced serious difficulties, fight or flight level challenges. Along with real social changes come stresses, in that process of acceptance, of making the new part of the normal. Getting used to it. Or not. Like women's liberation, or the upsetting of the patriarchy (bring it on, lol), or not smacking ankle biters, or having neighbours who dress funny, or seeing nice folk on tv say fuck out loud.

Social change is slow and often quiet until it isn't. Maybe for those who need it most being loud and proud and out there is their way of hurrying it up so they too can become ordinary, and just not have to think about it, or fight for it, or be confused ever again.

Like me.
(24-04-2022, 08:09 AM)The BDI Wrote:
(23-04-2022, 07:56 PM)Oldfellah Wrote:  +1 King1

The latest being our man in Sydney, TVNZ reporter Andrew McFarlane who is now "proudly out".    Is it compulsory for a TVNZ reporter to be either gay Maori or PI ?
I think you've misunderstood the point of the recent article about McFarlane.  The point was not that he is gay - that hasn't been a secret-  but that he gets hate mail because of his gayness.   Your pearl clutching would be better directed towards the hate-mailers.
(24-04-2022, 09:16 AM)Olive Wrote:
(24-04-2022, 08:09 AM)The BDI Wrote: The latest being our man in Sydney, TVNZ reporter Andrew McFarlane who is now "proudly out".    Is it compulsory for a TVNZ reporter to be either gay Maori or PI ?
I think you've misunderstood the point of the recent article about McFarlane.  The point was not that he is gay - that hasn't been a secret-  but that he gets hate mail because of his gayness.   Your pearl clutching would be better directed towards the hate-mailers.
I think you've missed the point... if he didn't insist on telling the world at large that he was gay..... he may not get hate mail.
Maybe, but that doesn't excuse the bigots who think that being gay is something to be ashamed of.
I have a Russian neighbour. She isn't the nicest woman, hasn't made many friends here, even her family prefer arms length because she is contentious at times - probably part of the reason she, and many of us, have ended up here in this wee community. But she has that accent. The one that betrays her birth in Kyiv and her life in Moscow. She has been subjected to nasty remarks, lost social contacts, been shunned, and in one case actually spat at by nice well brought up New Zealanders since Putin started his murderous campaign.

People are horrible, and some of us love to vomit hate and spite on available targets, especially on those among us who appear different.

Being gay, or wanting to be accepted outside the norms makes us a target for that kind of attack. A single man in a group of women will know he is 'different', just as a single woman in a group of makes knows only too well she is. There is threat, and risk, and danger in that isolation, be the cause gender, sexuality, race, colour, age, political standpoint, ability or disability...

Difference has inherent vulnerability. And we, as predatory animals are triggered by vulnerability.
(24-04-2022, 09:33 AM)Olive Wrote: Maybe,  but that doesn't excuse the bigots who think that being gay is something to be ashamed of.
And it doesn't excuse those of the LGBTQIA shoving their bsexuality in the face of the popn at large and insisting they are to recognised and accommodated, often at the expense of ratepayers etc.   In the town where I live  a recent rally was held in a town  venue... council had spent  $gazillions on bunting and posters flags on the lampposts thru town.  A 100 turned up. 
Same council thoughtfully painted a nearby pedx in rainbow colours, cost of paint alone $5000, six months later it needs a recoat...same council leased and provided an ex theatre/bar on main street  as a venue for the sitzenpinklers, at a cost undisclosed.  
They don't do it for the hetro popn but by then a very persuasive Councillor had by then "come out" 
Bloody hell had to take off my glasses to read that!
(24-04-2022, 09:45 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I have a Russian neighbour. She isn't the nicest woman, hasn't made many friends here, even her family prefer arms length because she is contentious at times - probably part of the reason she, and many of us, have ended up here in this wee community. But she has that accent. The one that betrays her birth in Kyiv and her life in Moscow. She has been subjected to nasty remarks, lost social contacts, been shunned, and in one case actually spat at by nice well brought up New Zealanders since Putin started his murderous campaign.

People are horrible, and some of us love to vomit hate and spite on available targets, especially on those among us who appear different.

Being gay, or wanting to be accepted outside the norms makes us a target for that kind of attack. A single man in a group of women will know he is 'different', just as a single woman in a group of makes knows only too well she is. There is threat, and risk, and danger in that isolation, be the cause gender, sexuality, race, colour, age, political standpoint, ability or disability...Difference has inherent vulnerability. And we, as predatory animals are triggered by vulnerability.
" Difference has inherent vulnerability. And we, as predatory animals are triggered by vulnerability."

So lets broadcast that difference and then complain about our vulnerability eh?  Only makes sense...
Yes, there is a trend toward appeasing or mollifying the noisy ones in order to look good. A powerful persuasive personality will attract that kind of fanbase. It always reminds me of the maudlin sympathy expressed regularly by vast numbers of people on occasions of tragedy that happen to completely unrelated people. It is the other side of the predatory instinct perhaps, kissing up to the power figure, v spitting on the powerless one...

As for the broadcasting thing, victims of predators, or those who feel threatened, are inclined to scream and roar, in rage and pain. Sometimes it works.
(24-04-2022, 09:58 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Yes, there is a trend toward appeasing or mollifying the noisy ones in order to look good. A powerful persuasive personality will attract that kind of fanbase. It always reminds me of the maudlin sympathy expressed regularly by vast numbers of people on occasions of tragedy that happen to completely unrelated people. It is the other side of the predatory instinct perhaps, kissing up to the power figure, v spitting on the powerless one...

As for the broadcasting thing, victims of predators, or those who feel threatened, are inclined to scream and roar, in rage and pain. Sometimes it works.
They first must present themselves for victimhood.. sometimes it works. 
(And FYI hunni I have one of those characteristics you have noted in your previous post..... cant be hidden.  Does that make me a victim?   Only if I let it )
(24-04-2022, 08:09 AM)The BDI Wrote:
(23-04-2022, 07:56 PM)Oldfellah Wrote:  +1 King1
Quite right guys and that was my point exactly... toooo subtle by far for some like Magoo. 
However like most on this MB I could careless about the sexual orientation of others.  You is what you is. 

So, and this is the big question, why do the LGBTQIA crowd insist on informing me and the rest of humanity of their sexuality as if its compulsory for us to know it?
They delight in "coming out" to an audience who it would appear in the main just cares less.   (is it their ego?)

Why do you think I want to know Andrew? 
I don't, not any more than the population at large wants to know mine
Righto, I did not see that coming...

A freedom of speech kind of thing would suggest one has the right to say so if they feel the need.  I see it as no different to a public figure also proudly stating they are a Labour or National Party supporter - it might attract some hate mail...  The crime is in the hatemail and the 'people' that get all offended...

so I will say it again, 
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Ahhh, if you show me yours I show you mine? Risky, I suspect I can match if not outdo...

And yes, victimhood can be a choice. This is part of my argument, that revolves around understanding acceptance and choices being part of maturity.

That, and understanding that picking our battles is a path to a quiet and calm inner life. As in 'don't sweat the little stuff'..