Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Mask Exemption Regime
This has to be a good thing, probably needed to happen sooner,  will it make much difference? since the old cards will still be valid...

Quote:“The new process is being introduced to make sure people who have genuine reasons for not being able to wear a mask have more certainty in being able to demonstrate that.

“For the business community, the new cards will mean evidence that a person with the new card is exempt from the requirement to wear a mask, removing uncertainty that businesses have been dealing with.

“We’ve recognised that for some people an impairment, health conditions, a physical disability or mental health reasons can mean wearing a mask isn’t possible. These reasons aren’t always obvious or easy to explain and that’s left some New Zealanders who’re genuinely unable to wear a mask not being able to access the businesses and services they normally would.

https://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/new-...ncertainty
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
i dont think so.
everyone or no one.
if you cant wear a mask stay home.
why should i have to wear the stinking hot itchy thing and someone else not? screw that.
makes a joke of wearing a mask at all.
im either still going to call them out as arseholes, or im taking off the mask.
which is it?
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
A card? So easily forged...
(28-04-2022, 05:04 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: A card? So easily forged...
and so easily obtained, what a joke.
(28-04-2022, 04:58 PM)Magoo Wrote: i dont think so.
everyone or no one.
why should i have to wear the stinking hot itchy thing and someone else not? screw that.
which is it?
I do not give a shit what other people do.  My mask stays on from when I leave my sanctuary, till the minute I return through its doors.
My health, my responsibility.
Stuff them.
everyone or no one.
which is it?
maybe Option #3 - stay away from them...

Honestly Magoo, you can't foresee someone who was savagely beaten, tied up and blindfolded for weeks on end, god knows what else, would probably be mentally scarred?   you don't think they might have a few mental health issues with masks...

ive got a mental issue with masks
if you arent wearing one in a space that others have to, then you should not be there.
i get mental when you want to stay but not comply.
whose mental is outweighs the other.?

at least my mental is based on the good of all
the mental without a mask is a selfish pig thinking only of themself.
my mental wins, sorry.

it really pisses me off, that many of us have to wear a mask for hours at a time at work, and everywhere else
when some whiny career weakling cant wear one for ten minutes while they shop or sit on the bus.
(28-04-2022, 05:21 PM)Magoo Wrote: ive got a mental issue with masks
if you arent wearing one in a space that others have to, then you should not be there.
i get mental when you want to stay but not comply.
whose mental is outweighs the other.?
I would imagine the one with the valid mask exemption...

(28-04-2022, 05:11 PM)king1 Wrote:
everyone or no one.
which is it?
maybe Option #3 - stay away from them...

Honestly Magoo, you can't foresee someone who was savagely beaten, tied up and blindfolded for weeks on end, god knows what else, would probably be mentally scarred?   you don't think they might have a few mental health issues with masks...
I imagine such a person might have difficulties being out knowing masked individuals were everywhere.
(28-04-2022, 05:37 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(28-04-2022, 05:11 PM)king1 Wrote: maybe Option #3 - stay away from them...

I imagine such a person might have difficulties being out knowing masked individuals were everywhere.
possibly, I was just trying to come up with a suitably dramatic example.

Another might be someone with emphysema from smoking for 50 years. Bad choices yes, but must they really have to stay locked up at home just to appease the odd Magoo out there... Being covid free they are just as entitled legally to be out as anyone else is. 

It does not take that much extra effort to just give someone a wide berth ...

Quote:king1
Another might be someone with emphysema from smoking for 50 years. Bad choices yes, but must they really have to stay locked up at home just to appease the odd Magoo out there... Being covid free they are just as entitled legally to be out as anyone else is. 
its not me.

its a health initiative. it only works if everyone does it.
why doesnt mr emphysema go for a walk around the block if he wants to get out?
why does he feel th need to mix and mingle. selfish prick, order you groceries online,
go outside for fresh air. leave the rest of us to it.
i feel like im being punished because im not a weakling.
were i a simpering wowser id get whatever i want?
Okay. But then, should I stay home because my previously healthy breathing is now limited from the damage caused by a rather large pulmonary embolism blocking major blood vessels to my lungs that went undetected for some months? So now that puts me at real risk of drowning in my own fluids if I get covid?

I have restricted my social contacts to an outing once a week, on a usually quiet day, to do all the things I cannot do online. I wear a mask. I observe social distancing. I sanitise my hands, and wipe down surfaces, I avoid contact with those even more vulnerable than myself - but I cannot expect the same courtesy from others?

And it is a courtesy. It is good manners NOT to endanger other people. But hey, it is everyone's rights these days that seem to take precedence over responsibilities. Rights that I was raised to regard as privileges, to be valued and respected, and not taken lightly.

So, I'll just keep on doing my best. And stuff those who think I am a foolish old woman for wanting to live my best life for as long as I can, without endangering anyone else...

Rant over.
(28-04-2022, 06:13 PM)Magoo Wrote:
Quote:king1
its not me.

its a health initiative. it only works if everyone does it.
why doesnt mr emphysema go for a walk around the block if he wants to get out?
why does he feel th need to mix and mingle. selfish prick, order you groceries online,
go outside for fresh air. leave the rest of us to it.
i feel like im being punished because im not a weakling.
were i a simpering wowser id get whatever i want?
did you like the nautical metaphor?

Quote:hunni
Okay. But then, should I stay home because my previously healthy breathing is now limited from the damage caused by a rather large pulmonary embolism blocking major blood vessels to my lungs that went undetected for some months? So now that puts me at real risk of drowning in my own fluids if I get covid?
no you shouldnt have to stay home. no one should
you should be able to mask up and participate. if half the place isnt wearing masks then now you are compromised.
there are those that dont care what your needs are, as long as their own needs are met everyone else can go to hell.

everyone, or no one.
halfway doesnt count, you do not catch half a covid.
(28-04-2022, 06:25 PM)Magoo Wrote:
Quote:hunni
no you shouldnt have to stay home. no one should
you should be able to mask up and participate. if half the place isnt wearing masks then now you are compromised.
there are those that dont care what your needs are, as long as their own needs are met everyone else can go to hell.
It is not that they don't care Magoo - simply that the physical or emotional toll to themselves is real and a far greater harm than the risk of themselves spreading covid.  This is recognised by the government and hence why the exemptions (seem to be rebranded as a Communication Card now) are available.  Being unable to wear masks I could quite imagine those folks are far more paranoid about getting covid than you will ever be...

I agree, everyone or no one, I am on the endangered species list with heart and artery problems of which I am waiting waiting waiting, its been so long, to get fixed. I wear a mask everywhere except in the car because I reckon if I get it, it could be bad for me, so I would like others to wear masks to keep EVERYONE safe, its only fair.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
I wish you guys would go out and actually meet someone that can't wear a mask. The mask itself is equally if not more harmful to them as your ailments are to you... and you think they are self centered...

No I don't. I think trauma is awful. Being breathless for any reason is hideously frightening.

I do think though there are a lot of exemptions out there that are self adopted, and by no means genuine. Those people are the truly self centred selfish ones. And the ones who manipulate them - the truly evil.

We are in a pandemic. There is no going back to normal. We need to come to terms with that reality.
(28-04-2022, 06:37 PM)king1 Wrote:
(28-04-2022, 06:25 PM)Magoo Wrote: no you shouldnt have to stay home. no one should
It is not that they don't care Magoo - simply that the physical or emotional toll to themselves is real and a far greater harm than the risk of themselves spreading covid.  This is recognised by the government and hence why the exemptions (seem to be rebranded as a Communication Card now) are available.  Being unable to wear masks I could quite imagine those folks are far more paranoid about getting covid than you will ever be...
absolute poppycock and you know it. the compromised indeed.
every crybaby and anti will have one. might as well start putting them on the back of a cereal box.
maybe a very tiny percentage genuinely need an exemption, but there will be thousands issued.
all it does is confirm to the naysayers masks are useless, like theyve been rabbiting on for months.
now we are going to prove them right.
yeah, good thinking.

(28-04-2022, 06:48 PM)king1 Wrote: I wish you guys would go out and actually meet someone that can't wear a mask.  The mask itself is equally if not more harmful to them as your ailments are to you...  and you think they are self centered...
not self centered, just arrogant and selfish.
they are sooooo compromised they cant wear a mask but here they are racing around the supermarket
pushing a trolley and loading groceries.
so very compromised that the effort of walking to and getting on the bus is impossible with a mask. but sitting on your arse on the bus is too hard? 
i call bullshit. the genuinely compromised will look after themselves, the rest just want a hall pass, or more apropos a note for the p.e. teacher. 

everyone or no one, or were the 
antis right? the masks are a scam?
starting to look that way.

(28-04-2022, 06:48 PM)king1 Wrote: I wish you guys would go out and actually meet someone that can't wear a mask.  The mask itself is equally if not more harmful to them as your ailments are to you...  and you think they are self centered...
i volunteer at a hospice, do you think ive not seen it?
i also know that someone so compromised is not the least bit interested in going to the movies or
heading out to dance class.
I am only advocating for that very tiny percentage of genuine cases here Magoo - I just find a huge contradiction in how you can say 'maybe a very tiny percentage genuinely need an exemption' on the one hand, but strongly advocate for 'everyone or no one, or were the antis right'.
What was the phrase, only a sith deals in absolutes?