Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Mask Exemption Regime
(29-04-2022, 07:14 PM)Magoo Wrote: magoo is harder on himself than he is anyone else
i expect no more than my sorry arse can do.
its a low bar, a very low bar.

some people make everything so hard, constantly trying to best the system, to be the exception.
on their own self serving missions not to be on the same plane as everyone else, they have to be special.
more special than the rest of us. To make adjustments to comply is not in their make up, the rest of the world has to bend to their needs. special needs.

Quote:king1

I will again restate I am only referring to the genuine cases, although clearly some folks here feel there is no such thing as a genuine mask exemption case, not much one can do for that...
i too am happy to see all the genuine cases exempt.

nationwide less than 400 souls.

but you are living in a delusional state if you believe 400 exemptions are to be issued.
we'll see how many wowsers, weaklings and science deniers line up to get one, and they will.
exemptions will be issued by the thousand. by the thousands
for the 400 genuine exemptions in the country we will see how many exemptions are granted.

in dreamland only 400 will be issued, but we dont live in dreamland.
well some of us dont.
Do I live in Dreamland?
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
these ones.

i get anxiety attacks
i wear a mask 6 to 8 hours a day.

i have asthma, use a blue inhaler daily.
i wear a mask 6 to 8 hours at a time

i wear glasses
i wear a mask 6 to 8 hours a day

children are exempt, its them we are trying to keep safe.
all cannon fodder for your argument tho.

your post reads like a doctors waiting room whine list
do you have a list of actual exemption reasons? it should be way shorter than that list of snivelling milquetoast excuse making nonsense.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(29-04-2022, 07:33 PM)Magoo Wrote: these ones.

i get anxiety attacks

i wear glasses

do you have a  list of actual exemption reasons? it should be way shorter than that list of snivelling milquetoast excuse making nonsense.
apologies I should have had a link 

https://www.health.govt.nz/covid-19-nove...-face-mask

wait for it...

Do I live in Dreamland?
if you believe a miniscule numbers of exemptions are going to be issued then yes, absolutely yes.
you are living in a land where unicorns frolic and candy floss rains from the skies.

im kinda jealous really, i wish my own world view were so innocent and cuddly, maybe i wouldnt be such an intolerant bastard.  could even take up yoghurt knitting.

(29-04-2022, 07:37 PM)king1 Wrote:
(29-04-2022, 07:33 PM)Magoo Wrote: these ones.

i get anxiety attacks

i wear glasses

do you have a  list of actual exemption reasons? it should be way shorter than that list of snivelling milquetoast excuse making nonsense.
apologies I should have had a link 

https://www.health.govt.nz/covid-19-nove...-face-mask
no worries i wouldnt have clicked on it. the science is in, the facts are inimitable and self evident.
wear a mask, they work.
try to help, pretend you care, just until the pandemics over.
(29-04-2022, 07:41 PM)Magoo Wrote:
Do I live in Dreamland?
if you believe a miniscule numbers of exemptions are going to be issued then yes, absolutely yes.
you are living in a land where unicorns frolic and candy floss rains from the skies.

im kinda jealous really, i wish my own world view were so innocent and cuddly, maybe i wouldnt be such an intolerant bastard.  could even take up yoghurt knitting.
I read somewhere it was over 8000... unless the criteria are tightened up to a personal interview for each application, I can't see that changing.  Might be a few 1000 less now that the new ones will be personalised and presumably recorded in a database, and maybe even cross checked eventually... 

Old ones are still valid, but you're allowed to question those ones...

(29-04-2022, 07:48 PM)king1 Wrote:
(29-04-2022, 07:41 PM)Magoo Wrote: if you believe a miniscule numbers of exemptions are going to be issued then yes, absolutely yes.

I read somewhere it was over 8000... unless the criteria are tightened up to a personal interview for each application, I can't see that changing.  Might be a few 1000 less now that the new ones will be personalised and presumably recorded in a database, and maybe even cross checked eventually... 

8000? 8 fucking thousand? wtf? thats not miniscule, thats a town the size of Katikati.

7600 wowsers and weaklings. that sounds about right, i figured in the multiple thousands.what an absolute fucking joke. if 8000 exemptions are issued i;ll have to get one, or im going to be a complete prick to all 8000, because i cant differentiate them from the 400 genuine cases.

masks must be fake news, useless. 8000 people agree, because we will let them.
(29-04-2022, 07:54 PM)Magoo Wrote:
(29-04-2022, 07:48 PM)king1 Wrote: I read somewhere it was over 8000... unless the criteria are tightened up to a personal interview for each application, I can't see that changing.  Might be a few 1000 less now that the new ones will be personalised and presumably recorded in a database, and maybe even cross checked eventually... 

8000? 8 fucking thousand? wtf? thats not miniscule, thats a town the size of Katikati.

7600 wowsers and weaklings. that sounds about right, i figured in the multiple thousands.what an absolute fucking joke. if 8000 exemptions are issued i;ll have to get one, or im going to be a complete prick to all 8000, because i cant differentiate them from the 400 genuine cases.

no you are probably correct, 7600 wowsers and weaklings...
But given you can get one if you have hearing aids, they could be all elderly 

https://thespinoff.co.nz/society/20-01-2...rs-at-risk

(29-04-2022, 08:04 PM)king1 Wrote:
(29-04-2022, 07:54 PM)Magoo Wrote: 8000? 8 fucking thousand? wtf? thats not miniscule, thats a town the size of Katikati.

no you are probably correct, 7600 wowsers and weaklings...
But given you can get one if you have hearing aids, they could be all elderly 

https://thespinoff.co.nz/society/20-01-2...rs-at-risk
i beg your pardon, my hearing...you know
Can I get one because I wear earrings?
i 'll be needing two, my arse has a huge crack in it.
Ive started casually not wearing my mask anymore after the elastic broke and no one has ever said anything to me in the shops.
Im kinda over wearing the stupid stuffy things anyway and since ive now ive recently had covid, dont see what point there is me wearing them anymore TBH, i guess i could get an exemption to "legally" get away with no mask, as i do have asthma and is a legal ground for exemption.
Anyway, I am starting to see less people wear them now, so i guess many have the same attitude.
(02-05-2022, 01:35 PM)nzoomed Wrote: ... since ive now ive recently had covid, dont see what point there is me wearing them anymore TBH, ....

The point of wearing a mask for you is that Covid can recur, the new variant is already showing up in Aotearoa, and even if you don't care about your own health you should mask to protect others whom you might infect.
(02-05-2022, 01:35 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Ive started casually not wearing my mask anymore after the elastic broke and no one has ever said anything to me in the shops.
Im kinda over wearing the stupid stuffy things anyway and since ive now ive recently had covid, dont see what point there is me wearing them anymore TBH, i guess i could get an exemption to "legally" get away with no mask, as i do have asthma and is a legal ground for exemption.
Anyway, I am starting to see less people wear them now, so i guess many have the same attitude.

Its possible that the reason no one's said anything to you is that they may be hesitant to comment  in case you're one of the anti mask brigade.
I can't say that I've noticed fewer people wearing a mask here, most seem to understand that others need protecting too, not just themselves.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Fewer.

If you can count them, it is always fewer.
(02-05-2022, 01:35 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Ive started casually not wearing my mask anymore after the elastic broke and no one has ever said anything to me in the shops.

covid has done the rounds at my work, roughly half the staff in most departments got it. i know of several who had it, and now have it again, less than a month later. its not like some illnesses where once you have had it, thats it, you cant get it again.
And we don't yet know what the consequences are. Long covid, organ damage, cognitive and mental health issues - I am sticking with my ' do everything I can to avoid getting it' strategies...
A granddaughter has now got covid, her brother had it earlier & recovered so hope she does too but its always worrying when family get covid. Her new-ish husband is making himself useful so should be OK. So he should, too or he'd have me to deal with - & no one wants that - especially not him. Smile
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
[Removed:Rule 2H]  Fortunately more and more people seem to be leaving them off.  I haven't worn one in weeks, despite having been to Countdown, KMart, Farmers and several other such places in that time.  All of the staff I've dealt with have been pleasant and friendly (and more than one pulled their mask down below their nose, knowing that I'm not going to mind or dob them in).  I still get a few glares from the Magoo types, but I just ignore them or give them a smile.  I've only ever had one person approach me and go off at me, and I just laughed at them and went back to minding my own businesses. [Removed:Rule 2G] 
That isn't what the experts say, and frankly, you are in the minority if you show up in my neck of the woods without one. You certainly can't be using council facilities, medical, or pharmacy businesses, and you are not traveling much either.

In fact I would suggest it is a really good way of waving your ego around instead of your common sense...