Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bonus bonds
For anyone unaware, these are in the process of closing down.

I rang them as we'd had a letter about one or two of my late mother's bonds; I knew she'd bought one or two for my kids but when  a letter arrived about hers so though I'd best contact them

After about 40 minutes on the phone i got through & found that they were worth  the princely sum of $2! Once I stopped laughing, they asked did I want it or would I rather they donate it to the cancer society, so that's what I did. It isn't much but if everyone did it then the cancer society could do well out of it with luck. Smile

https://www.bonusbonds.co.nz/

0800 266 374
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
we had a letter turn up from the previous owner of the house, 25 years ago. Tracked down the family, previous owner had passed 10 years ago but they had no idea she even had any...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(03-05-2022, 02:50 PM)king1 Wrote: we had a letter turn up from the previous owner of the house, 25 years ago.  Tracked down the family, previous owner had passed 10 years ago but they had no idea she even had any...
If one of my sweetie darlings hadn't bought the house, we'd never have known either because that's where the letter turned up. Smile
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I deliberately left my last prize win in the pool until the end. Twenty dollars scored me two dollars interest, which is a pretty good return considering the interest rates, lol. Now we wait till the final accounting, we might get a few more cents.

Must be a hell of a job, winding that up.
(03-05-2022, 03:20 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I deliberately left my last prize win in the pool until the end. Twenty dollars scored me two dollars interest, which is a pretty good return considering the interest rates, lol. Now we wait till the final accounting, we might get a few more cents.

Must be a hell of a job, winding that up.
It must be. The end can't be too far off though, they've closed down their site/email & only doing phone calls now.
Did mine a few months ago - I must've won $20 at some stage. Certainly not worth the $100 I put in all those years ago.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
I put a big chunk in for a few months between life events. The returns in 'prizes' were excellent. It demonstrated for me that the more you have, the more you get, in so many ways.
(03-05-2022, 06:04 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I put a big chunk in for a few months between life events. The returns in 'prizes' were excellent. It demonstrated for me that the more you have, the more you get, in so many ways.
it's fortunes did seem to rise and fall with the economy though.  My mum had a few dollars in there and did well while the interests rates were higher, she said she was getting a win every other week.  But after the interest rates fell though, it was next to nothing...

Well, that is how shared funds operate...
(03-05-2022, 07:11 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Well, that is how shared funds operate...
as in timing is everything...