Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Simon Henry's comments about Nadia Lim
(07-05-2022, 04:53 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(07-05-2022, 04:44 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Gee would that be abuse? LIke calling someone an egg?

Perhaps Lilith needs to be more careful the example she uses to make her point.
Again, you decided to come to this forum & dredge up a past subject on a different forum, in an attempt to make your nasty claim despite knowing that wasn't the case at all, since I told you what was meant at the time.
Dodgy
But I prefer not to play your little games - play by yourself.
And yet here you are.
Insults for Dummies?

https://www.wattpad.com/story/34667742-i...nd-insults

Good heavens. It exists.
(07-05-2022, 06:05 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Insults for Dummies?

https://www.wattpad.com/story/34667742-i...nd-insults

Good heavens. It exists.
#194 - too good.

Quote:Wipe your mouth, there's still a little bullsh*t on you.
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(07-05-2022, 04:50 PM)Magoo Wrote: as for that sad sack simon whatshisface he may never get laid again.
silly prick shit neck deep in his own nest. cost the company millions..
that nadia does have nice tits tho, to be fair.
Have you told your wife that Nadia has nice tits?  (.) (.) Giggle
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
I once knew a really intelligent man who told me all tits are nice.
(07-05-2022, 07:22 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I once knew a really intelligent man who told me all tits are nice.
ive never come across anything less than spectacular

(07-05-2022, 07:07 PM)Oldfellah Wrote:
(07-05-2022, 04:50 PM)Magoo Wrote: as for that sad sack simon whatshisface he may never get laid again.
silly prick shit neck deep in his own nest. cost the company millions..
that nadia does have nice tits tho, to be fair.
Have you told your wife that Nadia has nice tits?  (.) (.) Giggle
not yet
but my wifes are well better
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
No. No. I am just not going there...
Those old attitudes still prevail for some.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/3005825...-boardroom

"One female board member, who joined the governance of a newly listed company in the late 1980s, is not surprised that sexism in the boardroom still exists.

“I found it quite challenging and was worried that I wasn't making a sufficient contribution, she said, asking not to be named. “I felt I wasn’t smart enough to come up with the right questions.”

When she asked a male board member for guidance the response was a shock: ‘it doesn’t really matter, all they are looking at is your legs’.

Justine Smyth is chair of Spark, and co-chair of Champions for Change, a group of 40 or so CEOs and chairs who believe a prosperous New Zealand relies on working together to promote diversity in leadership.

Smyth said Henry’s comments were “nothing short of disgraceful”.

“The fact the Chair and CEO of an NZX listed company felt it appropriate to voice such derogatory, racist and chauvinistic views is a sad indictment on him personally, and a reminder of how much more work we have to do in Aotearoa to build a business community where inclusion is the norm,” Smyth said.

“His ignorance of the overwhelming body of evidence that demonstrates the benefits diversity brings to the board table is matched only by his arrogance in thinking he is entitled to belittle another business leader in the first place."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Stupidity is a universal human trait. With luck we each only fall into that trap occasionally.
I don't think anyone gets through life without saying & doing some really stupid things.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
To scope out a member of the opposite sex is only human, I bet plenty of females have looked at the male figure and went Mmmmm I think we are allowed to look and to admire but unlike that fuckwit we cant say it out loud in public.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
Oh I don't know. I do it out loud. I think the trick is to be complimentary, not derogatory. And drooling is definitely a no no...

But hey, appreciating other human beings is a good thing. Done politely.
well i for one applaud the trouble women go to look good.
i show my appreciation by surreptitiously ogling them whenever circumstances allow
It is amazing what we can get away with so long as we do it with a smile.

Still, on a more serious note, we are truly blessed that here a comment like this evokes such a response and corrective action follows. While overseas, we see really threatening examples of much more devastating attacks on women, and it seems we can do nothing to stop it.
perhaps some haiku if i may

wainui got salty
cos magoo called him names
sorry etc
(09-05-2022, 10:30 AM)Magoo Wrote: perhaps some haiku if i may

wainui got salty
sorry etc
Your best work so far, imo. Big Grin
(09-05-2022, 10:30 AM)Magoo Wrote: perhaps some haiku if i may

wainui got salty
sorry etc
[Removed. Rule 2A]
Said with a smile so should be OK.
Well that's sorted then... DGL shares up 5%.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/3005854...ff-comment

"Dear Ms Lim

I have tried calling you several times on your cell phone to make an apology but was unable to get through.

Therefore, please take this letter as my sincere and formal apology for my inappropriate language in relation to you used in the interview.

Yours sincerely

Simon Henry"
https://www.odt.co.nz/star-news/star-nat...-apologise

"Lim confirmed today that she received the emailed apology last night - "six days after the crises erupted".
"It was accompanied by an offer for Nadia to call him which will not be acted on," Lim's spokeswoman Deborah Pead said.

While Henry had claimed to have called the celebrity chef several times, "Nadia's phone records will confirm she neither received nor missed a call from him".

"In my opinion his acknowledgement adds further insult to injury and one has to wonder why he even bothered," Pead said."