Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Women must cover entire bodies in public; Taliban.
Those barbaric bastards are at it again. Ignorance & arrogance can be a deadly combination. Imo this type of intrusive control is nothing short of evil.

Angry
If it was up to me, those men in every country which insists on this would themselves be made subject to precisely the same controlling conditions now imposed on women for at least 3 years, while women are given the freedoms men there now enjoy.

Perhaps Afghanistan & America are not so very different.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/5/8/...ghan-women

The Taliban has issued yet another decree imposing further restrictions on Afghan women, and criminalising their clothing.

While the Taliban have always imposed restrictions to govern the bodies of Afghan women, the decree is the first for this regime where criminal punishment is assigned for violation of the dress code for women.

“If a woman is caught without a hijab, her mahram (a male guardian) will be warned. The second time, the guardian will be summoned [by Taliban officials], and after repeated summons, her guardian will be imprisoned for three days,” according to the statement.
Akif Muhajir, a spokesman for the ministry, said that government employees who violate the hijab rule will be fired.
And male guardians found guilty of repeated offences “will be sent to the court for further punishment”, he said.

She evaded arrest during a Taliban crackdown on female protestors in February. Later, Khamosh confronted Taliban leaders at a conference in Norway, demanding that they release her fellow female protestors held in Kabul.

“Twenty years [of gains made by Afghan women] is not insignificant progress to lose overnight. We won this on our own might, fighting the patriarchal society, and no one can remove us from the community.”

The activists also said they had predicted the current developments in Afghanistan, and placed equal blame on the international community for not recognising the urgency of the situation."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
i saw some of the afghanj blokes on tv last nite.
they too could do the environment a favour by covering their bitter countenances'
theyre all dressed in shabby handmedowns and frankly look like they could use a good shower and shave.
wouldnt get into most reputable establishments here, they look like our homeless.
i bet they never get laid (by women)

i guess the motivation to present oneself attractively is lost when seeing your partners only worldview is like peeping thru the mail slot.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
Oh but I am having so much fun on Al Jaz's farcebook page.

No sense of humour, some guys.
Im never going there, I like perving too much
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
I remember reading somewhere that the taliban & their twisted views are the result of boys being brought up in male only (including 'teachers') boarding schools & having little or no contact with women, not sure if that's true or not.
I think they're all in dire need of 'deprogrammers'.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
It's a mans world.

Imagine having such total control over someone considered a lesser being...and then having a couple more too !

No, I can't even think of it, it's beyond my social conditioning.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
F$#K these idiots, misogynistic BS made up garbage that belongs in history, it should be banned.
They call this progress?
I thought they promised they were not going to impose these restrictions under their "new" regime?
They told fibs.
And what gets me is all the Taliban carry guns ... why? Little cock big gun, Penis envy?
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(09-05-2022, 07:16 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: I remember reading somewhere that the taliban & their twisted views are the result of boys being brought up in male only (including 'teachers')  boarding schools & having little or no contact with women, not sure if that's true or not.
I think they're all in dire need of 'deprogrammers'.
In strict muslim regions the entire population is segregated to a large degree, not just the schooling. I worked in SE Turkey for 3 months back in 1989 and for the whole time I was in that rural area the only sighting I had of the females was as we drove through villages and a curious face momentarily looked out at the passing vehicle. Our Kurdish labourers were very sexually denied and as a result I continually had to watch out for a few of them trying use our binoculars to scope out the local ladies washing clothing in the streams. I had a close call when photographing a guy leading a donkey with his 'sister' on its back as he threatened me for photographing the lady and my labourers covered my arse and defused the situation.

Comments in this thread really reflect the ignorance of those who have never seen these countries first hand. The clothing worn in those countries is well suited to a harsh existence and climate. They would have a similar opinion towards the impractical garments we wear such as neck ties and 'street' clothing. Our clothing wouldn't last more than a wash or two when beaten on a rock to remove the desert dust and grime.

Also their religion serves a purpose in their social structure and it isn't hard to understand their disgust of Western society where sexual practices and soft attitudes to criminal acts are far from ideal, and declining on many fronts. Perhaps the 'deprogramming' you mention should just as rightly be focussed on our own molesting religious leaders, child abusers and petty thieves. After all "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone…"
While I understand that, to a certain extent, the fact is the world is moving on. If the Taliban want to participate in that world, and they do, then they need to deprogramme themselves.

But honestly? Most of them are as ignorant as the women they enslave. Which is a pity, because Islam has an enormous history of science, arts, mathematics, and architecture to draw on. But internecine disputes are so destructive of positive futures.
I have to agree that the Taliban aren't the only religious nutters in need of deprogramming. The various religions have done much good but they've also done much harm; most have now become slightly more evolved & in tune with the times rather than remaining back in the 1st century.
The Taliban are an exception & remain as ignorant as most were centuries ago, & worse, apparently don't want to learn if it means they might have to give up controlling others, especially women.

The full burqa is not suited to any climate or country; the only thing it is suited to is ignorance & an effort to control, demean & punish.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/asia/30058...veil-edict

"The decree by the Taliban's hardline leader Hibaitullah Akhunzada even suggested women shouldn't leave their homes unless necessary and outlines a series of punishments for male relatives of women violating the code.
A reclusive leader, Akhunzada rarely travels outside southern Kandahar, the traditional Taliban heartland. He favours the harsh elements of the group's previous time in power, in the 1990s, when girls and women were largely barred from school, work and public life.
Like Taliban founder Mullah Mohammad Omar, Akhunzada imposes a strict brand of Islam that marries religion with ancient tribal traditions, often blurring the two.

Akhunzada has taken tribal village traditions where girls often marry at puberty, and rarely leave their homes, and called it a religious demand, analysts say.

A prominent Afghan who meets the leadership and is familiar with their internal squabbles said that a senior Cabinet minister expressed his outrage over Akhunzada's views at a recent leadership meeting. He spoke on condition of anonymity to speak freely."