Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Women must cover entire bodies in public; Taliban.
(09-05-2022, 07:16 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: I remember reading somewhere that the taliban & their twisted views are the result of boys being brought up in male only (including 'teachers')  boarding schools & having little or no contact with women, not sure if that's true or not.
I think they're all in dire need of 'deprogrammers'.
In strict muslim regions the entire population is segregated to a large degree, not just the schooling. I worked in SE Turkey for 3 months back in 1989 and for the whole time I was in that rural area the only sighting I had of the females was as we drove through villages and a curious face momentarily looked out at the passing vehicle. Our Kurdish labourers were very sexually denied and as a result I continually had to watch out for a few of them trying use our binoculars to scope out the local ladies washing clothing in the streams. I had a close call when photographing a guy leading a donkey with his 'sister' on its back as he threatened me for photographing the lady and my labourers covered my arse and defused the situation.

Comments in this thread really reflect the ignorance of those who have never seen these countries first hand. The clothing worn in those countries is well suited to a harsh existence and climate. They would have a similar opinion towards the impractical garments we wear such as neck ties and 'street' clothing. Our clothing wouldn't last more than a wash or two when beaten on a rock to remove the desert dust and grime.

Also their religion serves a purpose in their social structure and it isn't hard to understand their disgust of Western society where sexual practices and soft attitudes to criminal acts are far from ideal, and declining on many fronts. Perhaps the 'deprogramming' you mention should just as rightly be focussed on our own molesting religious leaders, child abusers and petty thieves. After all "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone…"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Women must cover entire bodies in public; Taliban. - by harm_less - 09-05-2022, 09:17 PM