Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kiwibanks new website/branding
anyone else not particularly impressed...

it looks like it has a permanent high contrast black/white theme
Basically a green box for a logo 
and the apricot(?)  color seems out of sorts with the rest of the theme colors ie black white and green

https://www.kiwibank.co.nz/personal-banking/

to me it looks like someone did it for a high school project

might look better on a tablet maybe... 
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
I had a quick look on an iPad and it seems out of scale, the fonts are too big and the black and white theme is jarring against the coloured photos. As you say, amateurish.

I didn't navigate the site.
yes, jarring is a good word to describe it

I'm guessing somebody has gone overboard in optimising it for mobile devices. Does look pretty amateurish, and that isn't a good approach for a website that should have high security levels covered.
the logo itself probably isn't too horrible, if we're being generous.

That promises to be a problem next time I need to use it - I could just about manage the old one, too. Don't much like the look of it.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Totally agree with previous comments. Clumsy, ugly and amateurish. I found it just right the way it was before on my iPhone. But at least on the website you get a choice between the way it was before -which I really like - and the ugly new format. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
I've been in a couple of times now but still can't see how you get the choice between the old & new formats; it was far better before.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(15-05-2022, 02:44 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: I've been in a couple of times now but still can't see how you get the choice between the old & new formats; it was far better before.
Lilith7 when you login the options are in the top bar at far right. When you choose 'Default' you get the old format but with the ugly black bar across the top.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Cheers for that, had another look but mine isn't showing that - not to worry, will just wait till sweetie darling no. 2 calls in & lure him into sorting it for me; he's my 'techie'. Smile