Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why haven't I had covid?
Wink 
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/...your-genes

Might be my genes. Might be the fat capsules of nsaids I swallow every day. Might be my stay at home stay well habits. Might be I HAVE had it but been unaware, because some of those other weird symptoms might just have been signals I ignored - like these ones...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/...eard-about

Who knows? This bug is just weird. Smile
A friend of mine has just learned that she has been infected. For the first day she thought it was a particularly bad hangover.
All of my family have had it, except for me (touch wood) mind you I am being particularly careful because of my heart condition , but covid struck in another way yesterday as I was supposed to go into hospital Monday morning, Sunday night I was rung up, procedure cancelled due to lack of staff that are off with covid. Angry
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
So I can uncross all these digits then? Let us know the new date when you get it, so we can go back to sending out all that white light and stuff...
I was also reading a study that people who have had the measles vaccine have had less covid symptoms, hence why some younger people have not had it (or at least knowingly)
The hypothesis goes that measles and covid share a similar protien that the vaccine produces, hence some shared immunity.

But in general i think its inevitable that not everybody will get covid, but alot of people I know have had it, but one friend of mine only just caught it last week from his workmate.
Yep uncross everything because no doubt it could be very uncomfortable.
It was making drinking my cuppa a bit of a challenge. But it was a small sacrifice to ensure your continued curmudgeonly good health.
What is another word for curmudgeonly?
irritable
testy
grumpy
cantankerous
irascible
peevish
grouchy
tetchy
crabby
cranky

I thank you for your concern  Big Grin
(17-05-2022, 01:06 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: What is another word for curmudgeonly?
irritable
testy
grumpy
cantankerous
irascible
peevish
grouchy
tetchy
crabby
cranky

There's also the well known G.O.B.  - grumpy old bugger, which even I can do from time to time, but it wears off. Big Grin
I've not had any of those weirder symptoms, & some of my lot have had covid but taken care to avoid me; I wish they'd find an actual cure for it.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(17-05-2022, 03:35 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(17-05-2022, 01:06 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: What is another word for curmudgeonly?
irritable
testy
grumpy
cantankerous
irascible
peevish
grouchy
tetchy
crabby
cranky

There's also the well known G.O.B.  - grumpy old bugger, which even I can do from time to time, but it wears off. Big Grin
I've not had any of those weirder symptoms, & some of my lot have had covid but taken care to avoid me; I wish they'd find an actual cure for it.
A cure for your lot or for Covid  Big Grin
(17-05-2022, 03:41 PM)Oldfellah Wrote:
(17-05-2022, 03:35 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: There's also the well known G.O.B.  - grumpy old bugger, which even I can do from time to time, but it wears off. Big Grin
A cure for your lot or for Covid  Big Grin
Well.....both would  be nice, but I've got sort of used to that lot so I'd settle for a cure for covid. Big Grin Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
They're now saying that covid may be around for five years & that eventually a vaccine may be the way to control it.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/14/coronavi...demic.html
(18-05-2022, 02:43 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: They're now saying that covid may be around for five years & that eventually a vaccine may be the way to control it.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/14/coronavi...demic.html
my Doc reckons we will end up with a combined flu/covid vaccine eventually
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
I'm in agreement I think that for those who want it there will be a yearly Covid shot to go alongside the flu shot.
I would also like to see funded antibody testing. To pick up those silent cases.