Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emission reduction plan - yay or nay?
I came across a nice little nerdy laugh today. I think it was on Stuff - someone put two apostrophes in would''ve.

Well, it made me grin.
All you gas users will have to fork out $$$ for new electric HWC & cookers & heaters soon & no more LPG so no more BBQs happy with that ? EV charging combined with all industry & commercial buildings now going electric for heating& water heating is going to be huge extra load on power supply . Retail power cos will love it & ramp up prices as no competition from gas anymore .
(20-05-2022, 01:16 AM)joe 90 Wrote: All you gas  users will have to fork out  $$$ for new electric HWC &  cookers    &  heaters    soon      & no more LPG  so no more BBQs      happy    with that  ?    EV  charging      combined with  all  industry & commercial  buildings  now  going    electric  for heating&  water  heating  is    going to  be  huge extra load on  power  supply  .    Retail power  cos will  love it      & ramp up  prices  as no competition  from  gas  anymore  .
last I heard they were just stopping new connections in 2025, delivery of gas isn't stopping anytime soon.  and I believe the small 9kg bottles are excluded so BBQs are absolutely still happening...

This article seems to confirm this

https://www.stuff.co.nz/environment/clim...onnections
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Yes, that chunk of misinformation was rolled out by the same lot who claimed the Greens were out to ruin our showers, take away our light bulbs and put snails ahead of development.

Stupid people, long proved totally wrong.
And all this is just one political parties actions of what they will do so I guess if political parties change next election the whole thing will change again unless all parties have agreed to it, I'm not sure if they have or not so I could be wrong (again)  Big Grin
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(20-05-2022, 08:32 AM)king1 Wrote:
(20-05-2022, 01:16 AM)joe 90 Wrote: All you gas  users will have to fork out  $$$ for new electric HWC &  cookers    &  heaters    soon      & no more LPG  so no more BBQs      happy    with that  ?    EV  charging      combined with  all  industry & commercial  buildings  now  going    electric  for heating&  water  heating  is    going to  be  huge extra load on  power  supply  .    Retail power  cos will  love it      & ramp up  prices  as no competition  from  gas  anymore  .
last I heard they were just stopping new connections in 2025, delivery of gas isn't stopping anytime soon.  and I believe the small 9kg bottles are excluded so BBQs are absolutely still happening...

Also every electricity price rise serves to make domestic solar generation (PV) more viable. I'm still frustrated to see no mention of PV incentivisation in either the Emission Reduction Plan or the Budget. It just makes so much sense in reducing household energy costs and emmissions (by offsetting Huntly coal burn) but I guess the government is too married to the major generators and their public shareholders to move on PV.
(20-05-2022, 10:19 AM)harm_less Wrote:
(20-05-2022, 08:32 AM)king1 Wrote: last I heard they were just stopping new connections in 2025, delivery of gas isn't stopping anytime soon.  and I believe the small 9kg bottles are excluded so BBQs are absolutely still happening...

Also every electricity price rise serves to make domestic solar generation (PV) more viable. I'm still frustrated to see no mention of PV incentivisation in either the Emission Reduction Plan or the Budget. It just makes so much sense in reducing household energy costs and emissions (by offsetting Huntly coal burn) but I guess the government is too married to the major generators and their public shareholders to move on PV.
I'm pretty sure the government are a major shareholder in one or two of the power companies, might explain some of the apathy
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Soooo whererwill we get all our lubricants jet fuel & bitumen plastics fertilisers cosmetics etc & the other thousand poducts from oil from once the refineries have all shut down as uneconomic ASFAIK the distilation towers have tooperate at high temperatures to produce the fuels to get the other products out Make synthetic jet fuel bitumen etc . yeah right never happen , theyd be forced to keep them going pushing out tones of CO2 Wheres the EV airliners & trucks to carry 50tons long distance . Its all pie in sky dreaming sure there will be lots of B EVs but not all car makers are convinced even toyota are making Fuel cell cars