Poll: Who's going to be PM?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
ScoMo
20.00%
1 20.00%
Albanese
80.00%
4 80.00%
None of the above
0%
0 0%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Australian Elections
Who's gonna win?
Albanese, but only because I can't stand Morrison
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Me too - anyone but Scomo!
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(20-05-2022, 12:26 PM)king1 Wrote: Albanese, but only because I can't stand Morrison
My view of Aussie politics too. Whichever way it goes Jacinda will chewing their ear over the 501 deportation issue so hopefully it might have more effect on Albanese.
(20-05-2022, 03:35 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(20-05-2022, 12:26 PM)king1 Wrote: Albanese, but only because I can't stand Morrison
My view of Aussie politics too. Whichever way it goes Jacinda will chewing their ear over the 501 deportation issue so hopefully it might have more effect on Albanese.
I hope so too; I lost any respect I may have had for scomo when he started  ripping people's lives apart  by  deporting the 501's - & apparently he claims to be a christian.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I'm not picking. On account of I always get it wrong, but I cannot tick that idiot, even in a poll!
(20-05-2022, 07:10 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I'm not picking. On account of I always get it wrong, but I cannot tick that idiot, even in a poll!
I hope most Australians feel like that too & vote accordingly. Smile
Live election results are available here if anyone is interested...

https://www.9news.com.au/federal-election-results

anyone know when the counting starts? i heard that they should have a result by 11ish tonight, perhaps someone could confirm?

Counting starts at 8pm NZ time and results will start coming through pretty quickly. Might have a good idea on the way it's going by 9.30pm.

Quite a lot of early voting which seems to help the Left if we use NZ as a guide. They were allowed to start sorting them earlier so that will help the count along.
Wouldn't it be fun if the Greens took it...
(21-05-2022, 08:39 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Wouldn't it be fun if the Greens took it...
lol, they could be a viable coalition partner if it all goes south for the main parties...

Greens going well.

Parliament looking a little hung at the moment...
long way to go, 33.47% counted, but looking OK for labour... ScoMo may be looking for a new job...

so at 42.45% counted, ALP have 65 seats and LNP have 47, with 28 still to call.

with 76 seats needed to win, that suggests ScoMo is goneburger, can't win...

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/05/21/austr...index.html

"Early counting showed a strong swing towards Greens candidates and Independents who demanded emissions cuts far above the commitments made by Morrison's coalition.
Amanda McKenzie, CEO of the research group the Climate Council, declared climate action the winner of the vote.
"Millions of Australians have put climate first. Now, it's time for a radical reset on how this great nation of ours acts upon the climate challenge," she said in a statement."

Apparently scomo may step down as party leader, too. So not a bad result so far. Now, if they'll just end the cruelty of their idiotic 501 laws & return those they've exiled to NZ that would be wonderful.
Just watched an Al Jaz piece on the Aussie fires. No wonder the Greens got a swing benefit. More of the electorate needs to wake up though, before Oz slips to far to recover, climate wise. Imagine that desolate centre spreading outwards, and the thin green coast shrinking back...
(22-05-2022, 12:14 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Just watched an Al Jaz piece on the Aussie fires. No wonder the Greens got a swing benefit. More of the electorate needs to wake up though, before Oz slips to far to recover, climate wise. Imagine that desolate centre spreading outwards, and the thin green coast shrinking back...
Agreed. The electorate are all too aware of the negative effects of climate change and our Nat's should take a long hard look at the reasons behind ScoMo's demise in respect to their stance on environmental issues.
(22-05-2022, 12:14 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Just watched an Al Jaz piece on the Aussie fires. No wonder the Greens got a swing benefit. More of the electorate needs to wake up though, before Oz slips to far to recover, climate wise. Imagine that desolate centre spreading outwards, and the thin green coast shrinking back...

Imagine scores of Oz refugees heading in our direction...will we send them off to Manus island? Will we hell - we'd take them in, I hope. Smile

Its going to be interesting to see what effect the Greens will have over there, & if it will all be too late or just in the nick of time.