Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NZ covid deaths are getting up there
(25-05-2022, 12:09 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Are all the deaths Covid related? What I mean by this the deaths that are occurring is it because of Covid or if someone dies of natural causes is Covid being found at the autopsy? 
If their were no Covid would say 5 to 10 or so deaths a day in the whole country be a normal amount? 
People die all the time people are born all the time, I wonder without doing actual research what the figure would be?
Fair question and one that is being asked internationally.

The most relevant method of tracking deaths due to COVID would seem to be by comparing deaths currently with the average for the same period (of the year) on average. The difference will effectively be extra deaths due to COVID though during the national lockdowns this number of deaths did reduce due to reduced activity of the population (i.e. less road, workplace and drowning occurring).

The other factor that comes into it is deaths that are hastened by COVID in those with existing medical issues such as cardiac and respiratory disease. While COVID does actually kill them it has done so by speeding up the inevitable. So, death are those due to COVID or just 'jumping the queue' due to the added medical burden? Subjective call I guess.

Messages In This Thread
NZ covid deaths are getting up there - by king1 - 24-05-2022, 06:56 PM
RE: NZ covid deaths are getting up there - by harm_less - 25-05-2022, 02:11 PM