Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
legal cannabis
california started down the reintroduction of cannabis road 20 years ago when they gave it 'medicinal' status, meaning it could be legally obtained with a doctors prescription. This was soon changed to a card system, doctors being inundated with repeat prescription requests.

they then de-crimmed it, making quantities of less than an ounce at the buyers end could be held without prosecution.
this ran contrary to federal law, but many states reserve their own systems of governance.

after a couple of years of this, californians noticed they had not undergone cataclysmic change and fallen into the pacific ocean, and that the population was not hanging about gutters and sleeping in doorways. they legalised it for recreational use.

as opposed to here where they wish to ban delivery, california embraced it, shying away from bricks and mortar dispensaries that thrust the product into the publics eye at street level.
this gave the industry a legitimate but underground delivery system that had no public face. no advertising, no shops.
to get a delivery you must register using photo id. order online or by phone. when delivered you get a text, you meet the guy curbside where identity is confirmed and goods and cash are exchanged.

the streets and bars and public spaces dont stink of weed. you still cannot consume publicly.
you cannot buy it from a liquor store or service station or dairy. you must order and wait, no instant gratification.
its a system that works very well and we would do well to take note. eventually it will happen here, we should glean as much knowledge as we can from other countries as to what does and doesnt work.

with the criminal element removed intake systems changed. waxes and concentrates are popular, no smoke, no lung issues no smell. clean and safe. dry herb is available but seems to be for old school tokers. much of it has been infused with concentrates to give a hellatious kick, something the millennials arent really into. edibles are very popular. transportable, innocuous, safe and yummy, with a nice slow come on and longer lasting effects.

i may have won 'best new customer' spot at my local delivery whilst there.

https://weedmaps.com/
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
I just want access to genuinely affordable cbd without the mind altering aspects. Especially now the latest bloods reveal my cobalt levels are no longer in the safe zone, that makes two hips that need replacing. Meanwhile an old lady continues to swear like a trooper every night at roll over time...
CBD products available over the counter in Cali.
they contain little or no psychoactive properties.
the continued ban on these products would seem to be driven by big pharma and money
than by human well being.
I think California has it right, & that its just a matter of time until other countries - especially NZ - see sense & follow their example.

Or, we could even do as California has done & also follow the example of Portugal if we're especially courageous - having done the needed preparation first, naturally.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
the police are very happy with the outcomes.
they still target a substantial underground market, making a big bust while i was there.
the taxation on the legal product being about 35% (15% gst, 12.5% state tax, 8% cannabis tax.)
allows some margin for the illegal growers.
(27-05-2022, 09:44 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I just want access to genuinely affordable cbd without the mind altering aspects. Especially now the latest bloods reveal my cobalt levels are no longer in the safe zone, that makes two hips that need replacing. Meanwhile an old lady continues to swear like a trooper every night at roll over time...
CBD oil is great stuff, you can get it quite easily if you check out mcanz.org.nz
It isn't access that is the issue. It is cost.
(31-05-2022, 09:53 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: It isn't access that is the issue. It is cost.
Exactly, contact them and you will find some "cheap" sources there Wink
Cheap? I'd rather deal with people I know.
It's great to see that the criminal element has been removed and that new, safe and innovative products like waxes, concentrates and edibles have emerged. It's interesting to see how they have been able to successfully regulate the industry without thrusting it into the public eye.
(06-04-2023, 02:45 AM)donovapreuss Wrote: It's great to see that the criminal element has been removed and that new, safe and innovative products like waxes, concentrates and edibles have emerged. It's interesting to see how they have been able to successfully regulate the industry without thrusting it into the public eye.

Has the criminal element been removed?
Of course not - drugs, and crime, they go together like crime and drugs. An increase in crime these days ? A corresponding increase in drugs to drive that crime. They are stealing shit to buy or trade for drugs. This is a huge industry, probably more money involved than dairy or Tourism....and all untaxed. Make it legal and reap the tax, it will benefit all.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
Hey there! Reading about California's cannabis journey is so interesting, especially how they started with medicinal status and evolved the legal system over time.
Only one King in here mate...
Yay, got a call a couple of hours ago with an appointment to see Orthopedic Surgeon, Hawke's Bay Hospital at 9am, Wednesday. Smile Smile
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
(22-05-2023, 04:48 PM)Kenj Wrote: Yay, got a call a couple of hours ago with an appointment to see Orthopedic Surgeon, Hawke's Bay Hospital at 9am, Wednesday.  Smile Smile

Good luck with it, hope it goes well. Smile
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(22-05-2023, 04:48 PM)Kenj Wrote: Yay, got a call a couple of hours ago with an appointment to see Orthopedic Surgeon, Hawke's Bay Hospital at 9am, Wednesday.  Smile Smile

Ask him if he'll do two for the price of one...  Rolleyes
I'll do an update Wednesday. As you will understand, unfortunately, I bags first go. Smile Smile
Absolutely. Give him a chance to get it right...
(23-05-2023, 04:23 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Absolutely. Give him a chance to get it right...

I see the hospitals have a living and learn scheme going where they pay people who will work and learn a living wage.

Hope the surgeon I am to see tomorrow isn't on that scheme?

Oh dear, now I'm worried.  Tongue Confused Confused